Samsung Dex Pad

agentsfire

So I have to ask, is getting a Dex Pad worth it?  I know that the Samsung 8 series had the DeX station and now Samsung 9 series now has the DeX Pad, is this something seriously worth considering? My biggest thought on this is these phones already so expensive as it is, and comparable pricing to a light laptop or even more expensive than most netbooks, is there a reason not to get it? 

I mean hell if Samsung copied Razor's Project Linda I feel like the next series of Samsung phones could go the way of, here's your phone, here's a netbook dock for more portable productivity space, heres a desktop dock, you're phone is now a semi-practical all in one.

I would not be excited about using android for productivity, but if they gave it a more robust back end, and had more software support (maybe throw in something like a windows emulator?) I feel like this is the direction they're pushing for.

[ I did buy the S9+ 256gb and got free 256gb MicroSD so space won't be an issue for a long while. I needed a replacement for my S6 due to short battery life ]

Edited by agentsfire
Phone storage size I feel is an important consideration to the topic, a 32gb or 64gb may not make sense for productivity.

i dont own the dex pad, but its the same thing as the dex station just with no need for a mouse and keyboard

If my Response helped you, Please click the Check under my reply, to mark it as The Solution!

how you would like to emulate windows in arm proccesor? it ain't working that way :/ I don't really find it worth the price, simple usb c to hdmi adaptor with usb is just enough for traveling with my galaxy - I can plug it in tv in hotels and watch netflix or upload photos from my dslr to my phone and further to internet :)