is spending all my savings on a computer worth it?

8 hours ago, echy said:

I only have a laptop that costed like 200$, its decent. I want to learn to graphic design, code, or something. I do not have a video card or cpu like a ryzen so .. my laptop kinda lags a lot

You don't need to dump $2000 into a computer just to do that. Something like this could help get the ball rolling:

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/qrkKq4
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/qrkKq4/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel - Core i3-8100 3.6GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($118.69 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Gigabyte - H310M A Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($55.40 @ Amazon)
Memory: Crucial - 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($79.89 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Seagate - FireCuda 1TB 2.5" 5400RPM Hybrid Internal Hard Drive  ($56.89 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB ACX 2.0 Video Card  ($169.99 @ B&H)
Case: Fractal Design - Core 1000 USB 3.0 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($36.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: Corsair - CX (2017) 450W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($39.99 @ Amazon)
Monitor: HP - 22cwa 21.5" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor  ($89.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $647.83
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-06-12 09:58 EDT-0400

And even then, you could go after a used system.

I will leave you this though: don't buy a shiny new expensive toy if you're not already doing what you wanted to do. You don't buy these tools (at least the most expensive ones) to get interested, you buy them because you're already invested in the skill and your current tools aren't doing the job.

9 hours ago, echy said:

is spending all my savings on a computer worth it?

I am 20 years old right now and have around 2k in my bank right now that I saved up

I always wanted a computer and feel like I can do so much if i get one

Should I take the leap and spend all my money? is it worth it? can I make my money back? what are your experiences?

I am having a mid life crises right now

Definitely NO!

As a start, $2,000 doesn't go as far as you think once you factor in software, shipping, and taxes.. 

It's true, one can do a lot of things with a computer but unless you have an actual and detailed plan, it's just pipe dreaming.

If you want to learn coding or graphic design, find a program at a nearby college. 

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.