Could old GPU Damage PCI-E or MOBO?

Greetings!

I have a eass for you question, im not sure and i want to be:

so, i have old graphics card, probably its "burned" or something, is it possible to damage mother board or pci-e port?

(card ATI HD 5770)

Just now, NMS said:

That depends really on the issue with the card itself. It can short the system or it can do nothing whatsoever when plugged in.

that's what i thought it will be like

well it had one "problem" (or psu had) that it sometimes were turning on or not, and after few months pc stopped turning on. actually it was like2 days before i get my new pc.

and now im thinking about using that in 2nd pc but im worried that i will kill my mobo (old mobo too)

It might short out your mobo if it is broken. You might want to get a cheap old motherboard and cpu from a place like freegeek.

Just now, CreativeGuy2013 said:

It might short out your mobo if it is broken. You might want to get a cheap old motherboard and cpu from a place like freegeek.

well i have actually a very old mobo (from old build) and i dont have how to power it up (i mean no psu for that)

You should just be able to use your current PSU. That has enough fail saves it shouldn't be blown

Just now, CreativeGuy2013 said:

You should just be able to use your current PSU. That has enough fail saves it shouldn't be blown

well, im not sure about that card, maybe it will kill psu aswell. im worried about it ;-; 

but if its lower than 5% chance i will do this, and sub-question: if i will plug Hard drive will it kill it?

It wouldn't fry a PSU or Harddrive under normal circumstances. You should be fine, but remember: anything can happen.