Huawei P9 Lite completely dead?

Hi,

Huawei P9 Lite (VNS-L31), left it overnight to charge from 3%, in the morning it would not turn on (after attempting a power cycle) or boot into recovery through any combination of buttons... I can't connect it to my PC either - does not show in Windows... Is this just a soft brick or has it completely died on me? 

i7 8700k @ 5.0Ghz | ASUS Strix Z370-F Gaming | Cryorig R1 Ultimate | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000 | ASUS Strix GTX 1080 8GB (A8G) | WD Black 500GB PCIe NVMe | Samsung 750 EVO 120GB | Western Digital Black Series 1TB | Fractal Design Define R6 TG | Corsair RM750x

"Everyone says that I'm incredibly unlucky at the Silicon Lottery. In truth, I just persist in believing that 106°C is an acceptable temperature."

- Me, 2018

7 hours ago, huilun02 said:

Was it burning hot when you got to it in the morning?

Let it cool down completely, and then try to boot normally.

If it does not boot Android, shut down completely and boot into fastboot (hold the Power and Vol Down until you see the Huawei logo)

If you manage to enter fastboot, your device is soft bricked and you can save it by flashing the stock firmware

If it cannot get into fastboot, your phone is basically a paperweight.

Nope, cold metal - won't boot into anything, doesn't vibrate, screen backlight doesn't come on - nothing at all.

Is it still possible to recover data just by plugging into computer?

i7 8700k @ 5.0Ghz | ASUS Strix Z370-F Gaming | Cryorig R1 Ultimate | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000 | ASUS Strix GTX 1080 8GB (A8G) | WD Black 500GB PCIe NVMe | Samsung 750 EVO 120GB | Western Digital Black Series 1TB | Fractal Design Define R6 TG | Corsair RM750x

"Everyone says that I'm incredibly unlucky at the Silicon Lottery. In truth, I just persist in believing that 106°C is an acceptable temperature."

- Me, 2018

2 hours ago, huilun02 said:

Then you have hardware failure

If it cant even get to the bootloader, you probably wont get to access internal storage even with a computer

What is likely to have failed though? There were no signs of anything beginning to fail (low performance, crashes etc)? 

- Me, 2018