Aio tubing is too long

Go to solution Solved by Crunchy Dragon,

It should be safe to ziptie them.

Or, you could turn the radiator over and have the tubes on the bottom so they have to make their way around the back of your GPU, which should stop them from rubbing against the window.

I recently got a Evga 240 Aio and i installed it into my nzxt S340 case. I have a pull(from outside) air flow configuration on it, and the tubing rubs up against the side panel, i really dont want to try to cut or mod the tubing since this is my first experience with water cooling. I was thinking about zip tying the tubes to a point above the little cable hider, would that be safe? Would it damage the tubing at all, or am I going about this the wrong way? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

unnamed (1).jpg

unnamed (2).jpg

unnamed.jpg

It should be safe to ziptie them.

Or, you could turn the radiator over and have the tubes on the bottom so they have to make their way around the back of your GPU, which should stop them from rubbing against the window.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

1 minute ago, Jonathan Webb said:

I recently got a Evga 240 Aio and i installed it into my nzxt S340 case. I have a pull(from outside) air flow configuration on it, and the tubing rubs up against the side panel, i really dont want to try to cut or mod the tubing since this is my first experience with water cooling. I was thinking about zip tying the tubes to a point above the little cable hider, would that be safe? Would it damage the tubing at all, or am I going about this the wrong way? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

You can't cut or shorten the tube of the unit unless your wanting to void it's warranty and potentially cause leaks later on. Your best option would be jsut to zip tie the tubes off to the side or just let it touch the side panel itself. 

If there is room just switch the rad to the top.

Personal Computer Build:

CPU: i7-4790k | Motherboard: Asus Z97-A | RAM: 16GB G. Skill | Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce Gtx 1070 TI Founders Edition | Case: Corsair 750D | Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB / Western Digital Black 1TB / Western Digital Blue 1TB | Power Supply: EVGA 750watt SuperNova Gold Rated | Displays: 3 VG248QE 24" 144hz, 1MS | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 | Keyboard: Razer Chroma BlackWidow

7 hours ago, Tha Joker said:

If there is room just switch the rad to the top.

I wouldn’t do that though. It will have a large effect on the air flow in @Jonathan Webb his case, eventually  reducing its efficiency.

If you insist on moving the radiator, I would simply suggest turning it upside down.

Although, using zip ties wouldn’t be a problem either... unless off course you squeeze the tubes shut preventing liquid flowing through them ;-)