What would happen if you used 2-3 single 120mm rads, instead of one big one?

I've had this on my mind forever, but never really thought about the results. The loop starts at the res, then to the CPU (or GPU), then to a single rad, then to the GPU (or CPU), and then to another single rad again, then back to the res. I know that this would probably need more tubing and more fittings, but would it help with cooling?

seems inefficient space wise would prob give the same result or worse

2 minutes ago, SnowCells said:

this would probably need more tubing and more fittings, but would it help with cooling?

And that is it... nothing else is going to happen. Cooling performance will not improve or even help to add rads between CPU/GPU. It only make sense if you don't have the space to get big rad.

There won't be a difference using 3 single 120 rads vs. a 360 rad. Loop order doesn't matter (besides having the res above and feeding directly into the pump). Lots of tech youtubers have tested this. 

I think It will make difference.

You think if you have one 360 radiator or three 120mm radiator it's the same surface area so the same cooling.
BUT with the 3x120mm rads you loose some of the cooling fins to the inlet and outlet of the rad.

The difference nevertheless be really small and for a cleaner build and less failure points I would not recommend doing the 3x120mm approach.