First HTC One 2 Mock-Up Appears Online, Claims To Be Accurate

Youbetternot

It looks like the successor to the HTC One has just appeared online. It is a 3D model of the HTC One 2 and claims to be accurate. The model's bezel is way bigger this time and  the display seems to be 4.7-inch to an alleged 5.0-inch 1080p. Can we trust this? I would say we should wait more for more evidence to decide. Also it seems that 1440p is the new meta for phones.

6220-48a83a1e_680_400.jpg

A 3D mock-up of the HTC One 2 (which we believe will be the name of the successor to the HTC One) appeared online earlier today. The source claims the mock-up to be very accurate, and that the model was made using descriptions from top-level insiders. Well, we got to say, our first look at the mock-ups hasn't left us with a good taste in our tongues. The bezel, oh the awful bezel, is even bigger this time round. And the rest of the device looks like nothing but a stretched HTC One, where the display size has gone up from 4.7-inch to an alleged 5.0-inch 1080p. Meanwhile, Samsung, Sony and many other OEMs are working round-the-clock to bring their own flagship phones to the market, all of which are rumored to sport 2560 x 1440 resolution displays.

Source: http://www.nextpowerup.com/news/6220/first-htc-one-2-mock-up-appears-online-claims-to-be-accurate.html

6220-b9dac7be_583_386.jpg

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

That's really big compared to the IP5

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Why not HTC Two?

Because HTC can count one two and hopefully three unlike GabeN

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

whoa-hey- shots fired- pew pew pew.

it's JUST LATE AT NIGHT~

I would be kinda sad to see 2560x1440 as the new phone resolution standard because then it would have more pixels than my monitor  :(

Didn't I hear something a couple months back that HTC won't be making more phones like this?

Or was that just some journalism BS?

yea i thought they were leaving the high end market

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Didn't I hear something a couple months back that HTC won't be making more phones like this?

yea i thought they were leaving the high end market

This would've been too far in the development pipeline I guess for them to stop, this will possibly be their last I presume if it is true.

Intel i7 3770k, Maximus V Formula, 32GB G.Skill 1600MHz RAM, ASUS DCUII GTX 670

They will have to rethink that name...

Signatures are stupid.

iPhone 6 aka iPhone Air(?) is 4.8"(rumor) screen with 12 megapixel camera and quad core A7(A7X?) CPU and maybe 1920x1080? Supposedly iPhone 6 has little to no bezel on the sides.

iPhone 6 aka iPhone Air(?) is 4.8"(rumor) screen with 12 megapixel camera and quad core A7(A7X?) CPU and maybe 1920x1080? Supposedly iPhone 6 has little to no bezel on the sides.

Oooo Apple still lags behind in the race to higher end phones...

sysloc

Oooo Apple still lags behind in the race to higher end phones...

Apple's aiming at kids FYI. Their iPhone are selling so many because of kids(teenagers)... My friend's younger brother got an iPhone 5S and his niece got an iPhone 5 and they teenager. "Expensive phone for what purpose?" is always the question I ask myself. Probably just because the "Because I can" lol...

I would be kinda sad to see 2560x1440 as the new phone resolution standard because then it would have more pixels than my monitor  :(

The obvious solution is to get a new monitor :)

Personal Rig: i7 7700K - Asus Strix Z270H - 2x8GB GSkill RGB memory 3000Mhz - EVGA GTX1080ti SC2 - 2X Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - EVGA SuperNOVA 750G2

Commend HTC for not going the useless 1440pixel route.

We can't even perceive the current 465 PPI, let alone more

Dumbass phone manufacturers upping the PPI for no reason and making battery life worse.

You go HTC!

Dumbass phone manufacturers upping the PPI for no reason and making battery life worse.

You go HTC!

the other annoyance is content won't scale well to that resolution, what is everyone going to watch 1080p content letterboxed, or are we going to stretch all the pixels and bugger the image.

Only other thing would be to run 720p content and scale it over four pixels like a retina display

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

You go HTC!

I love that people said exactly the same thing about the leap from 720 to 1080, then when it was out people went "wow it's so much better than 720". I wouldn't be surprised if you start liking 2560x1440 once HTC release a phone with it.

If they can get a 1440p screen into a 5" phone without reducing battery life too much I don't really see any reason not to do it (440 PPI is not enough to not see pixels, at least not for me at ~30cm away). We saw battery life go up between the Galaxy S 2, S3 and S4 even thought the resolutions went up, so I am not too worried about the move to 1440p.

I love that people said exactly the same thing about the leap from 720 to 1080, then when it was out people went "wow it's so much better than 720". I wouldn't be surprised if you start liking 2560x1440 once HTC release a phone with it.

If they can get a 1440p screen into a 5" phone without reducing battery life too much I don't really see any reason not to do it (440 PPI is not enough to not see pixels, at least not for me at ~30cm away). We saw battery life go up between the Galaxy S 2, S3 and S4 even thought the resolutions went up, so I am not too worried about the move to 1440p.

I love that I wasn't one of those people.

Also 1080 or even 720 (depending on size) is sufficient for smartphone screens, unless you have super human eyes you can't perceive it no. Yes, I probably will buy a phone like that, why? Because by the time I will be upgrading that will be the standard for high end phones, and I would at least like to have the other high end specs.

Also just because we saw battery life get better doesn't mean it could have been even better than those improvements we saw. Why you are defending these spectacularly useless PPI improvents goes beyond me.

If it offers no improvements we can see or perceive, why do it? It's simply useless in it's functionality, if you think you can see a difference I would like to see how your eyes work because there is such a thing as 'placebo'.

http://gizmodo.com/5960191/techs-new-most-meaningless-spec-ppi

And I am not saying a link says everything but they do have valid points.

Yeah I did that post. This was already in development, but if this phone can't sell enough they won't be able to make new high end phones. It was an anandtech article so I wouldn't say it was entirely journalism bs

Yeah I did that post. This was already in development, but if this phone can't sell enough they won't be able to make new high end phones. It was an anandtech article so I wouldn't say it was entirely journalism bs

Thanks for the clarification(couldn't remember the source xD).

I would be a very sad panda if HTC left the high end phone market, but their design and functionality decisions keep me away from them.

Things like no SD card or removable battery is a huge negative to me, I need and want those. I doubt the HTC One 2 would add these, so unless they have something big to unveil with this phone, then it looks like this is the end to HTC.

Thanks for the clarification(couldn't remember the source xD).

I would be a very sad panda if HTC left the high end phone market, but their design and functionality decisions keep me away from them.

Things like no SD card or removable battery is a huge negative to me, I need and want those. I doubt the HTC One 2 would add these, so unless they have something big to unveil with this phone, then it looks like this is the end to HTC.

Sadly HTC has taken hit after hit these last few periods. :(

If the One's design is the last we will see of them at least they will go out with style.