RX 460 in HP Pro 6300

I'm just wondering if I can put an RX 460 in my HP Pro 6300. I believe it just runs off the motherboard, but the recommended PSU for the RX 460 is 400W but the one in my system "should not exceed" 320. I'm wondering if I'd have better luck with a GTX 1050, however I'm on a really tight budget of $150 CAD. (I got the PC for $180 on Kijiji and I only have $150 for the graphics card, so that's why I'm looking for a used RX 460)

Anyways, what I'm asking is, will a maximum 320W HP OEM PSU be enough for my RX 460 powered through the motherboard? The case is really bulky, so I won't have any problems fitting the card.

1 minute ago, Crackersnapped said:

I'm just wondering if I can put an RX 460 in my HP Pro 6300. I believe it just runs off the motherboard, but the recommended PSU for the RX 460 is 400W but the one in my system "should not exceed" 320. I'm wondering if I'd have better luck with a GTX 1050, however I'm on a really tight budget of $150 CAD. (I got the PC for $180 on Kijiji and I only have $150 for the graphics card, so that's why I'm looking for a used RX 460)

Anyways, what I'm asking is, will a maximum 320W HP OEM PSU be enough for my RX 460 powered through the motherboard? The case is really bulky, so I won't have any problems fitting the card.

Is it an SFF PC?

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

Well, it's physical size is pretty big. 16 inches deep, 7 wide and between 14 and 15 tall.

1 minute ago, Crackersnapped said:

Well, it's physical size is pretty big. 16 inches deep, 7 wide and between 14 and 15 tall.

Well then a 460 would work, but a 1050 would be faster.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

Thanks! Like, so much! So, even though it's recommended voltage is 400w, my 320w should be good, right? Sorry to bother, I just really want to verify, lol.

6 minutes ago, Crackersnapped said:

Thanks! Like, so much! So, even though it's recommended voltage is 400w, my 320w should be good, right? Sorry to bother, I just really want to verify, lol.

Graphics cards like the RX 460, GTX 1050, etc. only draw power from the motherboard's PCI-E slot (Approximately 75 watts). Unless the power supply in your computer is extremely underpowered, you won't have a problem running that card other than physical space limitations.

Things you can do to ensure compatibility:

1. Verify that your computer has a PCI-E x16 slot.

2. Find the dimensions of your case and compare them to the dimensions of the card. If you're really concerned, you can opt for a "Mini" card that's designed to fit inside almost anything.

Thanks! I did know that it only draws power from the motherboard, cause my PSU doesn't have 6-pin connectors so my only real options were the RX 460, 560 or GTX 1050/ti, and the only affordable ones being the RX 460 and maybe 1050 or the 560 if I had to. I'm not an experienced builder, and I saw the RX 460 had a recommended 400w PSU, so I wasn't sure. I'm not worried about space,  but yeah, thank you two both so much for your help!

25 minutes ago, Crackersnapped said:

Thanks! I did know that it only draws power from the motherboard, cause my PSU doesn't have 6-pin connectors so my only real options were the RX 460, 560 or GTX 1050/ti, and the only affordable ones being the RX 460 and maybe 1050 or the 560 if I had to. I'm not an experienced builder, and I saw the RX 460 had a recommended 400w PSU, so I wasn't sure. I'm not worried about space,  but yeah, thank you two both so much for your help!

You should only be drawing about 140-180 watts from the wall with either card installed.