NEW SERIES: Why is EVERYONE Buying this Tablet??

ALI-X-AYY

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Well I definitely do not have 6 of these mounted on a wall running swagbucks and perk tv 24/7 and they have certainly not made me hundreds of dollars after paying themselves off.

Just saying

Fanboys are the worst thing to happen to the tech community World. Chief among them are Apple fanboys. 

How would this compared to previous generation tablets or second hand?

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

building a kitchen set on the headquarters solves nothing if you keep doing this kind of pointless content, go back to old videos and see what was lost along the way.

11 hours ago, Blademaster91 said:

Yeah but a $40 tablet can also browse the internet and stream video which is probably what people do with their $800 phones most of the time.

Find any other $50 tablet better than the Fire, there aren't a ton of choices anymore as people just do everything on their phone. The only thing i'd complain about is the terrible cameras Amazon uses,it would add like another $5 to the thing to add a decent camera sensor.

i mean idk, literally any android tablet at this price range

$40 and it has 32gb of rom, that alone is drastically better than the fire

oh and whats that, 2mp vs. .3 mp thats a pretty big difference camera wise

https://www.ebay.com/p/Insignia-10-1-32GB-Wi-Fi-10-1in-Black/241972526?iid=142769025081&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D44040%26meid%3D75df64f018fa42f3a2622311cb6774cf%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D6%26rkt%3D12%26mehot%3Dpp%26sd%3D392043814321%26itm%3D142769025081&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

8 hours ago, lazypc said:

I bought one of these for $30ish bucks on black friday. I knew it wasn't very good when I bought it, but it was perfect for my needs.

Which is basically watching videos at work.

I put the Google Play store on it, and installed Plex and Nextflix on it.

Where I work it is 12 hour shifts with two 30 minute breaks and a 45 minute lunch, we are not allowed to leave, but we are also paid for that time. So that almost 2 hours is basically all the "T.V" I watch. Since I would rather game or work on projects at home.

Not wanting to suck up my data plan this is perfect, I take it home at night, let it charge and sync with Plex and Netflix, then watch it when on break at work.

I don't browse the web on it, I've never opened most of the other apps or tried to use Alexa, and would never consider trying to take a picture with it. And yes, I could just use my much nicer phone for this, but using this instead lets me do both at the same time.

Anyways, I thought it was funny to see a video on this.... although if it hadn't been for the clickbaity title I would have never watched it. Not a ding, just the truth.

why not just connect your phone to the wifi

also why not just an android tablet instead of going through the trouble of putting the play store on the fire tablet

Stop with clickbait titles. Whom are you trying to copy exactly? The very successful news outlets?

And start reviewing proper PC hardware and not this shit. I used to be subscribed to one tech channel only - LTT.

Now, I have 6 because you NEVER review what most of us want.

So at this point I'm wondering why am I still subscribed when HardwareCanucks, GamersNexus, BitWit, Paul's Hardware, and Jay produce EACH better content that is relevant to PC tech industry.

But hey, I guess I can always refer to your channel when it comes to vacuums.

/rant

16 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

My phones and tablet are all on clean custom roms mothafuzza

No such thing for Amazon's tablets

i was asking the other guy

also that would go back to my previous point, that you can do more with any android device than an amazon one since according to you, you can't create a custom rom for amazon devices

I have ones, its great for reading books and watching netflix, prime or anything on vlc player. 

at the end of the day its a cheap tablet sure i could get an ipad for 100 quid but for 40 i get EXPANDABLE MEMORY! i really dont need it for much else and if it gets battered about in my bag or lost then it was only 40 quid and for everything else i have my smartphone.

4 hours ago, General Winter said:

why not just connect your phone to the wifi

also why not just an android tablet instead of going through the trouble of putting the play store on the fire tablet

Wifi is not included in my paid break perks I'm afraid. And watching the tablet still lets me use my phone to text and browse.

For the second, keeping in mind I only paid $30ish dollars for it, anything else in the price range is either a overseas knock-off or used. So not knowing at the time how perfect this would be for my needs, was an almost risk-free trial. If I didn't like it I could just return it or give it away.

But I like it for my use case, even the smaller form factor for a tablet is perfect for me, I can watch what I want without taking up the entire table, plus it fits in my pocket so I don't have to carry it.

I might just be back after the last few years because Spez is an idiot and I'm making a point to start staying away from Reddit.

9 hours ago, lazypc said:

Wifi is not included in my paid break perks I'm afraid. And watching the tablet still lets me use my phone to text and browse.

For the second, keeping in mind I only paid $30ish dollars for it, anything else in the price range is either a overseas knock-off or used. So not knowing at the time how perfect this would be for my needs, was an almost risk-free trial. If I didn't like it I could just return it or give it away.

But I like it for my use case, even the smaller form factor for a tablet is perfect for me, I can watch what I want without taking up the entire table, plus it fits in my pocket so I don't have to carry it.

wait, how are you connecting to anything then if you don't have wifi (unless you download everything)

even then this tablet is literally of the same quality as one of those "oversea knock-offs" but now you wasted more time and effort with it to get rid of amazon store and replace it with the play store

what's done is done but still, i found better android tablets for around the same price in minutes (and i could probably do much better on black friday)

21 hours ago, General Winter said:

wait, how are you connecting to anything then if you don't have wifi (unless you download everything)

even then this tablet is literally of the same quality as one of those "oversea knock-offs" but now you wasted more time and effort with it to get rid of amazon store and replace it with the play store

what's done is done but still, i found better android tablets for around the same price in minutes (and i could probably do much better on black friday)

Yes, I take it home and let netflix and plex sync at night.

Putting the Play store on it was easy enough that I don't remember how I did it, I really think it wasn't much more than downloading the apk for the google play store and google play services and enabling installation of unknown apps. I didn't root or custom rom or anything special. Amazon ads still engross my lock screen... but at least it keeps it interesting in a way.
And again, return policy, amazon and retail store return policies are pretty damn hard to beat when it comes to lack of headache. Well... until you return too many things and Amazon boots you off the island apparently. (Hasn't happened to me, just makes me think twice of buying things I might not like.)

I might just be back after the last few years because Spez is an idiot and I'm making a point to start staying away from Reddit.