Something blew up in my Samsung Smart TV, Help!

Go to solution Solved by iRileyx,
3 minutes ago, ZeferiniX said:

Haven't thought of that, thanks. I think I see a "R 221K 1KV". Not sure with the last letter, if it's U or V. 

The top result on my google result is showing a "B 221K 1KV" from ebay. Now I'm confused as results are showing "B" and not "R".

Very well could be a B now you've said it, is it as hard to make out in real life as it is on the picture? :P 

Could be either of them, but if there's no result for it with an R, safe to say it is actually a B.

Edit - had a quick look at the reviews for the B one on eBay, definitely seems like the one you need.

c2d2ef4609a712129b948c72a45b0957.png

Here's the specific model of our TV: http://www.samsung.com/ph/support/model/UA32F4500ARXXP 

So I wasn't home when this happened and my folks just told me when I came back home that something blew up inside the TV and it won't turn on anymore. So I tried to disassemble and look on the insides of it (see pics). The brown one is the power supply board and the green one is the main board. Not sure what's on those covered by black plastics.

Looking on this image, I think that's the part that blew up. Not sure what to do with it though. Any idea guys? Thanks!

IMG_20180529_003001.thumb.jpg.e9fa119c7e1f55e903fe92c1aa33a8b2.jpg

IMG_20180529_002704.jpg

IMG_20180529_002716.jpg

IMG_20180529_002728.jpg

IMG_20180529_002741.jpg

| CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | MoBo: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max | RAM: T-Force Delta RGB (2x8) 16GB 3200MHz (Black) | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1660 Ti OC | Case: NZXT H500 (Black) | HDD: WD Black 2TB + Seagate Barracuda 4TB | SSD: Crucial MX500 2TB | PSU: Seasonic GX-550 | Monitor: 3x Asus VC239H |

It was a capacitor that blew up (Blue round thinggy with white stuff behind it). If you have any soldering experience or know someone with it, you can try and find the same capacitor and just replace it.

Its a common problem with capacitors, and usually when this happens, other components don't get damaged. So try replacing it.

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

1 minute ago, PopsicleHustler said:

It was a capacitor that blew up (Blue round thinggy with white stuff behind it). If you have any soldering experience or know someone with it, you can try and find the same capacitor and just replace it.

Its a common problem with capacitors, and usually when this happens, other components don't get damaged. So try replacing it.

Not familiar with the parts and totally have no soldering experience but is this kind of capacitor easy/common to find?

| CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | MoBo: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max | RAM: T-Force Delta RGB (2x8) 16GB 3200MHz (Black) | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1660 Ti OC | Case: NZXT H500 (Black) | HDD: WD Black 2TB + Seagate Barracuda 4TB | SSD: Crucial MX500 2TB | PSU: Seasonic GX-550 | Monitor: 3x Asus VC239H |

1 minute ago, ZeferiniX said:

Not familiar with the parts and totally have no soldering experience but is this kind of capacitor easy/common to find?

Could take a while, but im sure ebay will have plenty for cheap. I cant link any results, but im pretty sure they can be found cheap.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN RESPONDING

Please Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It. Take Time & Explain

New TOS RUINED the meme that used to be below :( 

2 minutes ago, ZeferiniX said:

There should be a code on the actual capacitor, can faintly see an R from the picture.

Google the code and there's a good chance you can find somewhere selling it.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

Just now, Jrock said:

Could take a while, but im sure ebay will have plenty for cheap. I cant link any results, but im pretty sure they can be found cheap.

I'm from Philippines and I think the shipping cost would cost probably tenfold more than the item itself xD 

Just now, RKRiley said:

There should be a code on the actual capacitor, can faintly see an R from the picture.

Google the code and there's a good chance you can find somewhere selling it.

Haven't thought of that, thanks. I think I see a "R 221K 1KV". Not sure with the last letter, if it's U or V. 

The top result on my google result is showing a "B 221K 1KV" from ebay. Now I'm confused as results are showing "B" and not "R".

3 minutes ago, ZeferiniX said:

Very well could be a B now you've said it, is it as hard to make out in real life as it is on the picture? :P 

Could be either of them, but if there's no result for it with an R, safe to say it is actually a B.

Edit - had a quick look at the reviews for the B one on eBay, definitely seems like the one you need.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

5 minutes ago, RKRiley said:

I'm wearing eyeglasses so I have my vision to blame xD Though I'm really seeing an R no matter how I look at it. Asked my folks as well, they definitely see an R also. I guess I'll try to look around my area to see if this is available. Thanks a lot mate!

31 minutes ago, ZeferiniX said:

I'm from Philippines and I think the shipping cost would cost probably tenfold more than the item itself xD 

Doesnt matter. They just take a long time to arrive. Ive ordered many things from china to have them show up a month later.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN RESPONDING

Please Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It. Take Time & Explain

New TOS RUINED the meme that used to be below :( 

5 minutes ago, Jrock said:

Doesnt matter. They just take a long time to arrive. Ive ordered many things from china to have them show up a month later.

I'll try some local solutions first before considering the eBay option. Thanks for the time estimate. My international orders so far have only reached 3 weeks at most. A month seems too long but good to know I guess.