How to put all users back to admin

obzolete

Hi

My old office computer has a user (me) and i just want to put it all under the admin now (still me)

I used this computer when it was in a warehouse for other to use.

So in other words just want one user who is admin, but don't want to lose anything

Running Windows Home 7 Premium

Cheers

Tom

And your user account doesn't have admin rights or what? If you know the admin password, login as the admin, and add your user account to the administrators group using lusrmgr.msc

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

That doesnt work on Win 7, is it better just to delete it, or is there another way to just merge both accounts ?

Tom

user.jpg

6 minutes ago, obzolete said:

That doesnt work on Win 7, is it better just to delete it, or is there another way to just merge both accounts ?

Why do you want to login as Admin so badly? If your user already has local admin rights (meaning you don't get a password prompt when running things as admin) there is no benefit to switching to the built-in admin. In fact, it's a security hazard as malware gets full access to system files.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro