Extreme temperatures while under load

I just got a 8700k, and a NZXT x62, yet for some reason whenever the cpu goes under load (at ALL) it INSTANTLY spikes up by 40-50 degrees. If i run a stress test it goes from 38 at idle to 100c within 2 seconds. I just reapplied thermal past and made sure its making full contact, and the radiator and fans are mounted correctly. what could be going on with my cpu?

sorry if this is in the wrong section i didnt know to put it in cpu or cooling :/

8700k/1070ti/16gb ram

Is the pump running?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

6 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Is the pump running?

I believe so? the cable is plugged in and i hear water dripping if i get close

8700k/1070ti/16gb ram

Make sure your pump is running. If the pump is running, then it should be technically impossible for the CPU to reach 100c that quickly.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

5 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Make sure your pump is running. If the pump is running, then it should be technically impossible for the CPU to reach 100c that quickly.

http://prntscr.com/jmc5d4

im 99% ssure the pump is running.

8700k/1070ti/16gb ram

1 minute ago, cadd said:

http://prntscr.com/jmc5d4

im 99% ssure the pump is running.

You need to verify that outside of software. You need to make sure that the pump is running, usually if it's vibrating slightly or you can hear the water moving through it that'll tell you.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!