[Need advice] Two PG278Q + one PG278QR in Surround (Problems)

I have 3 monitors, all PG278Q initially, but one broke down and after almost 5 months of waiting, I got a replacement, but it was the PG278QR (refresh of the PG278Q). Both models are 144hz capable and have g-sync but after hooking them up and trying to Surround defaulted to the 1x2 topology for the two PG278Q monitors while the PG278QR was ignored. Manually setting 1x3 topology allowed me to enable surround by manually selecting all monitors, but I am having the following issues:

1) Maximum refresh rate I can set is 120Hz. 3D is disabled, G-sync is on. I could do 144Hz on all three panels when I had three PG278Q monitors.
2) If I number monitors from left to right as 1,2 & 3, then Monitor 1 (left) is perfect and when I grab a window or video and swing it around fast there is no tearing at the edges. Monitor 2 (centre) has tearing and Monitor 3 (right) has even worse tearing.
3) After doing a lot of tearing tests at one point the right half of my centre display was acting weirdly like it was at a different refresh rate from the rest of the panel and I could see a 'reflection' of any window opened on the panel at it's rightmost edge. Needed to shutdown and restart to fix the issue.

Additional info:
Monitors set to Surround on 1x3 topology; PG278Q(left) + PG278QR(centre) + PG278Q(right)
Set to 120Hz (highest option that appears; maximum possible should be 144hz)
Two 980Ti cards in SLI (x16 each)
All three monitors are connected to top card via displayport.
Case is dual system so the PG278QR also has a HDMI attached for when I need to switch and manage the secondary system.

Any advice on how I can get 144Hz on all 3 monitors with G-sync and fix the tearing issues would be most welcome. Thank you for reading! :-)

Have you tried reinstalling the drivers?

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Just now, samcool55 said:

Have you tried reinstalling the drivers?

Yes, I had older drivers so I downloaded new ones and selected clean install during installation.

make sure they are all the same refresh rate in the screen resolution > advance settings > monitor. It should work, i got my ASUS PB287Q (4K) and ASUS PG278Q (1440P) to work in  surround 1x2 when I had both monitors sett to 1440p resolution and 60hz (max refresh of my 4K monitor). So it should work as long as the resolution is the same and the refresh rate of the monitor are set the same.

edit: check to see in the (screen resolution > advance settings > monitor) settings that your new display is recognized by windows for 144hz

Spoiler

CPU: AMD R7 5800X | CPU Cooler: Corsair H115i PRO | Motherboard: MSI B550-A PRO | Memory: G.Skill RIPJAWS V DDR4 3200mhz 64GB | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra | PSU: Seasonic Prime 1300w | OS Drive: Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB | Games Drive: Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB | Media Drive: 2x WD Blue HDD 1TB in Raid 0 | Media Drive: 2x WD Black HDD 2TB in Raid 1 | Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D | Monitor 1: ASUS PB287Q UHD | Monitor 2: ASUS PG278Q WQHD

1 hour ago, AdamHolt96 said:

make sure they are all the same refresh rate in the screen resolution > advance settings > monitor. It should work, i got my ASUS PB287Q (4K) and ASUS PG278Q (1440P) to work in  surround 1x2 when I had both monitors sett to 1440p resolution and 60hz (max refresh of my 4K monitor). So it should work as long as the resolution is the same and the refresh rate of the monitor are set the same.

edit: check to see in the (screen resolution > advance settings > monitor) settings that your new display is recognized by windows for 144hz

Each monitor be set to 144Hz outside of Nvidia Surround mode by both Nvidia Control Panel and Windows display properties.

When I try to enable surround, I am always faced with the 1x2 topology which pre-selects the two PG278Q displays and ignores the PG278QR; the default 1x2 topology allows 144Hz refresh rate. It is only when I switch to 1x3 topology that I am limited to 120Hz in surround mode.