Is the BenQ GW2406Z okay for gaming?

ZeRedz

I've been using an LG ultrawide IPS monitor for gaming a while noe and I've been thinking abouy downgrading to a 1080p IPS mainly because of the fact that it's a whole lot mkre convenient for me to game at 1080 rather than 2560x1080. So is the BenQ GW2406Z a good choice?

It's fine, not particularly great at anything but not particularly horrible at anything. Though if you give me a budget, I may be able to find something better

1 minute ago, Sombra said:

It's fine, not particularly great at anything but not particularly horrible at anything. Though if you give me a budget, I may be able to find something better

The BenQ GW2406Z is pretty much an entry level monitor.

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

Also if you're looking for recommendations then knowing the kinds of things/games you are going to be doing on the monitor helps as well as budget

Processor: i7 7700k@Stock GPU: GTX 1080 MSI Armor OC  Mobo: Asus Prime Z270-A RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB 3200 MHz CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 SSD: Sandisk Ultra 2 960GB Case: Phanteks P400s PSU: Gigabyte B700H Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz Mouse: Logitech G900 Keyboard: Corsair Strafe w/ MX Blues

1 hour ago, Rupe said:

Also if you're looking for recommendations then knowing the kinds of things/games you are going to be doing on the monitor helps as well as budget

I usually play games like DOOM, Wolfenstein II, Dark Souls, and Overwatch.

1 hour ago, Sombra said:

My budget's like 150 dollars.

2 hours ago, ZeRedz said:

My budget's like 150 dollars.

The Dell S2418NX maybe but the BenQ should also do fine. Though if you simply just want to game at 1920*1080p couldn't you just use the ulrrawide you already own but with black borders on the sides?