GPU and CPU fans not spinning

NotFestiveOwl
Go to solution Solved by Glennieboyyy007,

the cpu fan cooler must be inserted into the mobo cpu fan header. most 1050ti's have a function that makes the fans not spin under low temps

So I just installed 1050Ti and Thermallake cooler, and i plugged the CPU fan cooler to the Gpu not working I did everything i am supposed to. Help

It is normal for fans on modern GPUs to not spin at all uless the GPU core temperature rises to a certain degree.

Why would you plug your CPU fan into the GPU?

Just now, WereCat said:

It is normal for fans on modern GPUs to not spin at all uless the GPU core temperature rises to a certain degree.

Why would you plug your CPU fan into the GPU?

Because it said on the cpu cooler box, well ive gotten the cpu fan to work, but the gpu leds are working however gpu fans arent spinning

you plugged the cpu fan cable to the gpu fan cable or the both not working im confused 

if you did plug everything in the right place than take out your gpu and go into your bios to see if your cpu is working or turning on without it tell me if it does 

if it not it might be a problem with the gpu happen to me once 

the cpu fan cooler must be inserted into the mobo cpu fan header. most 1050ti's have a function that makes the fans not spin under low temps

~i5-7600k @5GHz ~Be Quiet! Dark rock 3 ~MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G ~Gigabyte GA-Z270-gaming K3 ~Corsair Vengeance Red led ~NZXT S340 Elite

1 minute ago, ericmeyer said:

Because it said on the cpu cooler box, well ive gotten the cpu fan to work, but the gpu leds are working however gpu fans arent spinning

try running a stress test or playing an intensive game, the temps will rise and the fans will start spinning

~i5-7600k @5GHz ~Be Quiet! Dark rock 3 ~MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G ~Gigabyte GA-Z270-gaming K3 ~Corsair Vengeance Red led ~NZXT S340 Elite

2 minutes ago, ericmeyer said:

Plug the CPU fan to the CPU FAN header on the motherboard.

Run a game or something and check the temperatures. Once the GPU core hits around 50*C or 60*C the fans on your card should start to spin.

1 minute ago, WereCat said:

Plug the CPU fan to the CPU FAN header on the motherboard.

Run a game or something and check the temperatures. Once the GPU core hits around 50*C or 60*C the fans on your card should start to spin.

I have a 1050Ti Asus rog strix, also in BIOs i dont see the gpu.

Just now, ericmeyer said:

Also whag is this for?

image.jpg

Just install GPU-Z in the BIOS and check the sensors...

image.png.83812e24556b4242cd253a10549557d0.png

Also whag is this for?

image.jpg

that looks like a 3-pin or 2-pin to 4-pin fan adapter

3 minutes ago, WereCat said:

that looks like a 3-pin or 2-pin to 4-pin fan adapter

Ok what is it for?

Ok guys, everything works, fans start spinning after 50 degrees, is it weird that Task Manager says (when playing) it says that GPU is like 1-2%? And can I put so GPU fans spin at all times?( Probably not necessary but still)

1 hour ago, ericmeyer said:

Ok guys, everything works, fans start spinning after 50 degrees, is it weird that Task Manager says (when playing) it says that GPU is like 1-2%? And can I put so GPU fans spin at all times?( Probably not necessary but still)

if you download msi afterburner you can make a custom fan profile, so that the fans run all the time at the speed that you want