Power outage causing problem to wifi router

I'm a complete novice when it comes to networking but I'm willing to learn. 

So the house suffered a power outage a few hours ago and I lost the wifi connection I checked that the wifi router(I have an Aztech dsl 5028en)  had the power light with red LED constantly blinking at a fast rate. I looked up online and found some users that had this issue and had it fixed by changing the power adaptor so I did the same thing and the power light stopped blinking at a fast rate now. It instead just gives off a solid red LED light for the power light only, the rest of the lights are off.

I tried resetting by poking through the small hole and held it for a good 30 seconds and the red LED light for the power light starts blinking at a slow rate, around 10 seconds.

I'm right now lost on what to do. Some guides suggest that I should access the router's webpage to configure some stuff but how do I even do that when I'm not connected with my ISP?

Anything I could do?

Call your ISP and ask to swap out your modem. It’s possible your modem was somewhat bricked when you had a power surge.

I’d also suggest asking them to do a line test to see if they can reach your modem.

"The only thing that matters right now is that you're here, and you're safe."

2 hours ago, McFluffy said:

I'm a complete novice when it comes to networking but I'm willing to learn. 

So the house suffered a power outage a few hours ago and I lost the wifi connection I checked that the wifi router(I have an Aztech dsl 5028en)  had the power light with red LED constantly blinking at a fast rate. I looked up online and found some users that had this issue and had it fixed by changing the power adaptor so I did the same thing and the power light stopped blinking at a fast rate now. It instead just gives off a solid red LED light for the power light only, the rest of the lights are off.

I tried resetting by poking through the small hole and held it for a good 30 seconds and the red LED light for the power light starts blinking at a slow rate, around 10 seconds.

I'm right now lost on what to do. Some guides suggest that I should access the router's webpage to configure some stuff but how do I even do that when I'm not connected with my ISP?

Anything I could do?

If its an ISP supplied box then get them to fix it. Also, consider getting a UPS, not only will it protect the electronics connected to it, if your ISP uses backup power, you can still have internet during a power outage. I have both my modem and router on my UPS, when the grid fails, I still have internet for 15 to 30 min as Comcast has the node im connected to on backup power. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.