PC Case changing (DELL optiplex 3010 to Cooler Master 5 rgb)

So I am planning to change my case from dell optiplex 3010 to Cooler master masterbox 5 rgb.I am using standard dell's motherboard that I got with case.And if its possible how to do it?

Which 3010? There's an SFF, mid tower, and full size tower version.

Actually it seems like they're all mountable in standard cases.

If you're not sure how to do it, watch a few videos on disassembling and then assembling a computer, Linus has a few videos on how to build them.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

8 minutes ago, iceserbia said:

So I am planning to change my case from dell optiplex 3010 to Cooler master masterbox 5 rgb.I am using standard dell's motherboard that I got with case.And if its possible how to do it?

I don't believe so.  At least not without some custom work done.  They don't have regular ATX stand off holes.

Can you get a cheap board that will fir your CPU?

3 minutes ago, RKRiley said:

Which 3010? There's an SFF, mid tower, and full size tower version.

Actually it seems like they're all mountable in standard cases.

If you're not sure how to do it, watch a few videos on disassembling and then assembling a computer, Linus has a few videos on how to build them.

its mini tower I guess (biggest onesorry I am idiot a bit)

2 minutes ago, TheGlenlivet said:

I don't believe so.  At least not without some custom work done.  They don't have regular ATX stand off holes.

Can you get a cheap board that will fir your CPU?

yes I can get another motherboard but I am trying to spend as less as possible.

1 minute ago, iceserbia said:

yes I can get another motherboard but I am trying to spend as less as possible.

You should be able to transfer everything else over, even the PSU if you needed to.  It's just the MOBO that won't fit.  What CPU does it have?

can you get a picture of the wires that connect the motherboard to the power button and front panel stuff? older dells used a proprietary ribbon cable, not the universal standard that aftermarket cases use, but I think they moved away from that with newer stuff, but that would be my biggest concern.

1 minute ago, TheGlenlivet said:

You should be able to transfer everything else over, even the PSU if you needed to.  It's just the MOBO that won't fit.  What CPU does it have?

i5-3470  3.20 ghz 

Just now, Daniel644 said:

can you get a picture of the wires that connect the motherboard to the power button and front panel stuff? older dells used a proprietary ribbon cable, not the universal standard that aftermarket cases use, but I think they moved away from that with newer stuff, but that would be my biggest concern.

shit I am not at home rn.I guess it use universal one.

8 minutes ago, TheGlenlivet said:

Actually they use standard mounting holes on those boards. Either that or there is very very slight differences, but looking at the pictures of them, they seem to match up.

Even on the SFF ones, surprisingly.

edit - actually no, not on the SFF one. The rear I/O sits too far down. It could still be installed but the I/O most likely wouldn't line up/allow it to be installed.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

2 minutes ago, RKRiley said:

Actually they use standard mounting holes on those boards(minus 1 i can see on the mATX board). Either that or there is very very slight differences, but looking at the pictures of them, they seem to match up.

Even on the SFF ones, surprisingly.

Huh, looks like there is some conflicting reports out there.  A picture or part number from the actual board would settle it once and for all.

Just now, iceserbia said:

so what should I do?

Take a look at the motherboard and see if you can find a model number.

Or take a picture of it.

7 minutes ago, TheGlenlivet said:

Huh, looks like there is some conflicting reports out there.  A picture or part number from the actual board would settle it once and for all.

Idk all the ones that popped up on google and ebay(for me appear) to have standard mounting holes, like this mATX one.
It is missing one down near the 24pin though.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dell-42P49-Optiplex-3010-MT-Socket-LGA1155-Motherboard-with-BP/162687308508?epid=1073157059&hash=item25e0eb52dc:g:7nMAAOSw4iVZyheS

1 minute ago, RKRiley said:

Idk all the ones that popped up on google and ebay(for me appear) to have standard mounting holes, like this mATX one

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dell-42P49-Optiplex-3010-MT-Socket-LGA1155-Motherboard-with-BP/162687308508?epid=1073157059&hash=item25e0eb52dc:g:7nMAAOSw4iVZyheS

I will send picture tommorow so if you are still interested to help you can tell me what can I do...sorry for me being annoying its just I want budget rgb battlestation.

OK, so after looking up as many 3010 MOBO pix that I can, I am happy to retract my statement about them not fitting.  As long as it is a board like below, it should fit.

Image result for dell optiplex 3010 motherboard

1 minute ago, iceserbia said:

I will send picture tommorow so if you are still interested to help you can tell me what can I do...sorry for me being annoying its just I want budget rgb battlestation.

Just quote or @ tag us tomorrow and we can see it :P 

2 minutes ago, RKRiley said:

3 minutes ago, TheGlenlivet said:

OK, so after looking up as many 3010 MOBO pix that I can, I am happy to retract my statement about them not fitting.  As long as it is a board like below, it should fit.

Ok thanks for your help,I will send you pictures tommorow.

11 hours ago, RKRiley said:

11 hours ago, TheGlenlivet said:

Here are pictures.I hope they are enough good. https://imgur.com/a/wdNjG9r

5 hours ago, iceserbia said:

Here are pictures.I hope they are enough good. imageproxy.php?img=&key=17c10421afdc6db8imageproxy.php?img=&key=17c10421afdc6db8imageproxy.php?img=&key=17c10421afdc6db8https://imgur.com/a/wdNjG9r

Yep that should fit just fine into a standard atx/mATX case. 

22 hours ago, RKRiley said:

Yep that should fit just fine into a standard atx/mATX case. 

Ok thank you!

• 2 months later...

Hey was looking at this thread, and was considering doing the same.  Did you end up moving this mobo into an ATX or miniatx case?

On 7/17/2018 at 11:57 PM, mfmeow said:

Hey was looking at this thread, and was considering doing the same.  Did you end up moving this mobo into an ATX or miniatx case?

hi...I moved my parts to nzxt s340 elite. I had to buy new psu and adapter for front panel usb 3.0. Rest is fine.

• 1 year later...
On 7/25/2018 at 6:59 AM, iceserbia said:

hi...I moved my parts to nzxt s340 elite. I had to buy new psu and adapter for front panel usb 3.0. Rest is fine.

Hey can u send me a link on the adapter u used for the front panel

Just now, JonathanPena17 said:

Hey can u send me a link on the adapter u used for the front panel

I’m trying to do the same