Tim Hortons only Indianapolis location closing this Wednesday, after only 4 months.

https://www.indystar.com/story/entertainment/2018/05/14/tim-hortons-indianapolis-avon-closing/609571002/

I didn't  know this existed, and I won't have time to get to it before Wednesday. :( 

When I was younger I spent a few weeks in both Ontario (Oshawa for Mosport) and Quebec (Mont Tremblant for Le Circuit Mont Tremblant) and I didnt know about Tim Hortons so I never went. I was just amazed by the fact you get french fries with gravy on them. I have never gotten to try Tim Hortons Coffee or any of their food.  :(:( 

4 hours ago, Xupthree60 said:

I was just amazed by the fact you get french fries with gravy on them.

B b b b but you come from the land of glorious poutine?!?

5 hours ago, veli2501 said:

B b b b but you come from the land of glorious poutine?!?

I did... I also literally stood in line at the food truck at the track wondering, then asking the guy... "what are fries with gravy?" ....his reply "their french fries, with gravy on them" .... i said "oh, that makes since" lol

Hold on a second, let's be clear:

Poutine is not just fries and gravy. Fries and gravy are a standard side. Poutine is fries, gravy, and cheese (typically cheese curds, as they melt very fast).

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

6 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

Hold on a second, let's be clear:

Poutine is not just fries and gravy. Fries and gravy are a standard side. Poutine is fries, gravy, and cheese (typically cheese curds, as they melt very fast).

Absolutely.  As an Australian I grew up with chips and gravy (we call fries chips here unless they're from Mcdonalds or Hungry Jacks [Hungry Jacks is Burger King in Aus]).  Though poutine only reached here recently, it's taken off in a big (see: small) way.

Apologies for my liberal use of brackets.

They can’t compete with the American Starbucks haha

Sudo make me a sandwich 

22 hours ago, Xupthree60 said:

existed

nothing special about it

there are no bakers anymore like the old days

just minumum wage people dressed in white to give the appearance of skill in baking

its all frozen dough, not fresh at all.

chicken is frozen

soups all frozen

chili frozen

about the only thing not coming in frozen is the coffee, lettuce and tomatoe

that is why it all tastes the same

it all has the same palate in the mouth, same after taste

its really not that great

people like the coffee though

besides all that, every timmies is different. Large or small, its really hit or miss. One timmies could be a closet, while another looks big from the outside, but is small with stools, no chairs. While others have comfy couches, fake fire places.

You never know really what you are walking into.

I went into a free standing timmies with drive through in the evening and 3/4 of everything was not available.

Heck even now they are slapping them into gas stations. I walked into one of those a few weeks ago and the worker had her child running back behind the counter, and up to the window stool. It was child care, guess she didnt know canadian food safety laws. Yup I called that one in, food safety #1, I hope she was fired.

There are a few places that have closed down. Seen a Harvey's building renovated into a Starbucks, thats sad. Mcdonalds building demo'd and turned into a Korean Sushi, thats even sadder. Seen a Mr Sub turn into a tanning salon, that was a leased location. Odd location that one was.

There are too many Timmies around. Literally one of every block. Its very sad that they do that.