Speaking of server fans, how do they do used on a HEPA-Filter

jbl

Is it possible to build a decent HEPA-Filter using, for example 3x Noctua NF A14 PWM.

My savior from pollen is a Baren B-H04 HEPA , 110 EUR currently on Amazon. It is a bit whimpy/too loud at full blast. Is it possible to build something better using enthusiast or server parts?

It is basically just a filter of any dimension, plus fans, plus body. I like the features of ionization and limited ozone generation, but a basic filter system with higher output would 

Is it possible to combine with radiators for heat, for some mining/donate processing/heat house?

Is it possible to run 4m of tubing for liquid cooling a GPU? 

As PC get more efficient, they offer to produce heat for a moderate price while producing useful work.

I'm clearly drunk, but a NF A14 PWM is enough to blast through a HEPA-Filter, right?

Sapete Più o meno Quanto Rubiamo? – Rubiamo Quanto Possiamo Senza parole

Be better to just recirculate the air in your room with a hepa filter fan.

But if you must, then how wide is the hepa filter, if its like 10 sheets stacked, then just tape it to the fan.

But if its like a furnace filter, then thats harder.

Build a wooden box, use fans to bring air in and take air out. Do the thicker filters.

51 minutes ago, mjb86 said:

I'm clearly drunk

I appreciate the honesty...

52 minutes ago, mjb86 said:

Is it possible to build a decent HEPA-Filter using, for example 3x Noctua NF A14 PWM.

You’re going to need high static pressure fans to force air through such a HEPA filter. From the spec sheet of the Noctua NF A14 PWM, it seems that it’s up for the job. So yes, should be fine.

57 minutes ago, mjb86 said:

Is it possible to combine with radiators for heat, for some mining/donate processing/heat house?

Every obstruction to the airflow (like a radiator) requiers the fans to operate at a higher static pressure. You should keep that in mind.

So are you planning on wrapping your CPU cooler with a HEPA filter and sticking three fans to it? Or how should I see this? :-D

The things one can come up with when you’re drunk, though... :-P

For what purpose you need HEPA filtering? Keeping stuff out from case? Isn't that bit overboarding? You should consider filtering the stuff which brings particles into room prior. Normal dust filters are enough, CPU isn't getting astma-attack from dust.

This is situations where I would consider iPPC fans instead of normal line-up. They are more powerful (noisier too, but you are talking about server setup...)

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv