Pls help me choose a good monitor!

ManosMax13

In the place that i live both of them are at the same price the lg one is just 20euros higher but that is not a big deal.I want a monitor for gaming and daily use.I know that the samsung model has a tn display an the lg one has an ips.But, will i notice the difference in colors also the ips monitor with the bigger input lag will i really notice it???Pls advise me wise people of the internet9_9

Samsung model (tn display) Samsung U28E590D

Lg model (ips display) LG 27UD58P-B

5 minutes ago, ManosMax13 said:

In the place that i live both of them are at the same price the lg one is just 20euros higher but that is not a big deal.I want a monitor for gaming and daily use.I know that the samsung model has a tn display an the lg one has an ips.But, will i notice the difference in colors also the ips monitor with the bigger input lag will i really notice it???Pls advise me wise people of the internet9_9

Samsung model (tn display) Samsung U28E590D

Lg model (ips display) LG 27UD58P-B

I really like my IPS panel (4ms response time) but I actually feel a bit better playing competetively on a 1ms response time TN panel. It's super subtle. For cinematic titles like Witcher 3 etc, there is no question IPS is better and much easier on the eyes. I have a very similar Samsung display to that, and I like it a lot. BUT it is 4k, so you need a beefy computer to game in native resolution (and a display port cable as the HDMI on the back doesn't support higher than 4k@30hz.

However, input lag doesn't equal response time: https://displaylag.com/exposed-input-lag-vs-response-time/

Main rig: i7 8086K // EVGA Z370 Micro // 16GB Gskill TridentZ 3200Mhz CL14 // Sapphire Pulse RX 7800XT// a variety of noctua cooling // Corsair RM750x v2 //  Fractal Meshify C

Secondary rig: R5 3600 // MSI B450i Gaming Plus // 16GB Gskill FlareX 3200CL14 // MSI GTX 1080ti Gaming X // Cooler Master V650 // Fractal Meshify C

Audio setup: Audient iD4 // Adam A7X // Sennheiser HD 650 // Sennheiser HD 25-II // Audio Technica M50x // Sennheiser Momentum 4

11 minutes ago, chckovsky said:

I really like my IPS panel (4ms response time) but I actually feel a bit better playing competetively on a 1ms response time TN panel. It's super subtle. For cinematic titles like Witcher 3 etc, there is no question IPS is better and much easier on the eyes. I have a very similar Samsung display to that, and I like it a lot. BUT it is 4k, so you need a beefy computer to game in native resolution (and a display port cable as the HDMI on the back doesn't support higher than 4k@30hz.

However, input lag doesn't equal response time: https://displaylag.com/exposed-input-lag-vs-response-time/

So which monitor do you suggest for best daily use and gaming sometimes fps too that should have 1ms input lag???

Edited by ManosMax13

I'd say both are excellent choices. Choose which you think has the coolest design, IMO. For daily use IPS is usually much easier on the eyes, but the samsung isn't terrible at all.

Main rig: i7 8086K // EVGA Z370 Micro // 16GB Gskill TridentZ 3200Mhz CL14 // Sapphire Pulse RX 7800XT// a variety of noctua cooling // Corsair RM750x v2 //  Fractal Meshify C

Secondary rig: R5 3600 // MSI B450i Gaming Plus // 16GB Gskill FlareX 3200CL14 // MSI GTX 1080ti Gaming X // Cooler Master V650 // Fractal Meshify C

Audio setup: Audient iD4 // Adam A7X // Sennheiser HD 650 // Sennheiser HD 25-II // Audio Technica M50x // Sennheiser Momentum 4

2 minutes ago, chckovsky said:

I'd say both are excellent choices. Choose which you think has the coolest design, IMO. For daily use IPS is usually much easier on the eyes, but the samsung isn't terrible at all.

Sorry last question.If i am correct you have both a tn and a ips monitor when playing csgo or fps and fastpaced games which panel makes u less dizzy???

1 minute ago, ManosMax13 said:

Sorry last question.If i am correct you have both a tn and a ips monitor when playing csgo or fps and fastpaced games which panel makes u less dizzy???

I haven't gamed fps's for long enough to get dizzy using either TN or IPS. But I'm not a huge fps fan, so that doesn't mean much.