building wife a pc, help me choose.

just for gaming as a couple, no workstation uses at all. mostly things like league and games like that, she cant do shooters.

any help appreciated

this: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/GynqCy

or this: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/qCPFgw

My Build: I7 7700k----1080 TI----Samsung 850 EVO 500gb----WD Blue 1tb----32gb Ripjaw 5 3000mhz----RIING 240 AIO----MSI z270 Gaming M5----EVGA G3 750W

All inside a Phanteks ENTHOO LUXE tempered glass edition. build name: Red Letter Day (wheres all the HL2 fans??)

Look at something like the 2200g for a processor if youre going pretty cheap

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

5 minutes ago, ФÐ|invader zim said:

just for gaming as a couple, no workstation uses at all. mostly things like league and games like that, she cant do shooters.

any help appreciated

this: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/GynqCy

or this: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/qCPFgw

i would say the i5 option, the 8400 is also a good option if you want to save a few bucks

i5 8400 and 8500 will hold its value better over time in case you need to sell it later

Photography / Finance / Gaming

Even for league you'll want a graphics card, or go with a Ryzen APU if on a budget. 

If anyone asks you never saw me.

i plan on like a 1070. just looking for cpu and mobo recomendations.

My Build: I7 7700k----1080 TI----Samsung 850 EVO 500gb----WD Blue 1tb----32gb Ripjaw 5 3000mhz----RIING 240 AIO----MSI z270 Gaming M5----EVGA G3 750W

All inside a Phanteks ENTHOO LUXE tempered glass edition. build name: Red Letter Day (wheres all the HL2 fans??)

An i5-8400 with a B360-F or something like that would be very nice. The added premium for an i5-8500 is not needed at all. And LoL won't need a 1070 to drive it. Maybe a Ryzen APU would be more suited to your purposes.

but the 8350k has higher single core performance, do games these days benefit from the 6 cores over the 4 with the 8350k?

Just now, ФÐ|invader zim said:

but the 8350k has higher single core performance, do games these days benefit from the 6 cores over the 4 with the 8350k?

Some use more threads than just 1. Overall, it would be better to have the extra cores as it will last longer when more games start to require more threads.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

I suggest a Ryzen 3 2200g or Ryzen 5 2400g.

They have Vega cores which in games is very helpful.

The Ryzen APU's are one of the, if not the best integrated graphics on the market.

Look into that.

hi.

If you are planning to go without gpu, then do not go with intel. Igpu on intel will not play any games. In that case go with ryzen apu as askTJ suggested. Gpu performance will be around gtx 1030, so at best mid settings to get 60 fps.

If you are going for build with gpu, go for that i5 8500, instead of any k series processor. In the end i believe your wife will not oc that herself and what she needs is a reliable computer. Then for a gpu I would suggest gtx 1050ti as it will be enough to play any moba or for example overwatch  max settings on 1080p@60fps, and its price is not overinflated right now. In future cpu will hold up great for years and you can only upgrade gpu if needed.

thank you all very much! going with the i5 8500 and a 1050ti. have a great weekend