will this increase FPS in games?

Let me run MSI afterburner to check the data again. In meanwhile, increasing the ram size and speed beyond 8gb 1600mhz will not affect the AVERAGE and MIN FPS? I am not talking about increasing the max fps.

• CPU
    9900KS @ 5.0 avx offset 0/ cache 4.7/ @1.33v
  • Motherboard
    asus strix ROG z390-i
  • RAM
    8gb x2 G.skill ddr 4 3600 (OCed to 4000 17-19-19-39 @1.4v)
  • GPU
    Asus Strix OC RTX 3080 10GB  
  • Case
    Corsair 280x Crystal
  • Storage
    1tb Samsung SSD + 2x (512gb Samsung) SSD
  • PSU
    Seasonic GM 650 650Watt Gold (semi-modular)
  • Display(s)
    LG34gk950g
  • Cooling
    H115i platinum/ 2x NF-A14 (GPU intake)/ 2xNFA14 (H115i radiator exhaust fan) 2x Corsair ML PRO 140(front intake) / 1x NF-A8 (exhaust)/ 2 x Corsair LL 120 (GPU deshroud fans)
  • Keyboard
    Corsair K70 LUX MX RED/ Microsoft Designer Keyboard Bluetooth
  • Mouse
    Corsair Harpoon RGB
  • Sound
    Audioengine A2+/ Audioengine d1 dac/ B&O h6

Here is a screenshot of Hitman

hitman.png

• CPU
  • Motherboard
    asus strix ROG z390-i
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
    Corsair 280x Crystal
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
    LG34gk950g
  • Cooling
    H115i platinum/ 2x NF-A14 (GPU intake)/ 2xNFA14 (H115i radiator exhaust fan) 2x Corsair ML PRO 140(front intake) / 1x NF-A8 (exhaust)/ 2 x Corsair LL 120 (GPU deshroud fans)
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Corsair Harpoon RGB
  • Sound

13 minutes ago, OCNewbee said:

Here is a screenshot of Hitman

There is a problem somewhere... My money is still on drivers.

Share any interests with me? Feel free to message me just to chit chat about whatever. 

(Music) Depeche Mode, The Cure, Pink Floyd, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Cocteau Twins, MGMT, Boy Harsher, The Smiths, Drab Majesty, Chelsea Wolfe, Carly Rae Jepsen, The Smashing Pumpkins, Virgin Prunes, Sky Ferreira, London After Midnight, Jonathan Coulton, Alvvays, Clan of Xymox, Bauhaus, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Anna Von Hausswolff, Joy Division, Sisters of Mercy, She Wants Revenge, The Frozen Autumn, My Bloody Valentine, Type O Negative, The Birthday Party, Leonard Cohen, Switchblade Symphony, Metallica, Creedance Clearwater Revival, Eagles, Elton John, Billy Joel.

(Games) PUBG, Metro Series, Command and Conquer games, Warhammer 40,000 games, Company of Heroes (2), RDR2, CoD4

(Other) Going to the goth club, Firearms, Building PCs (Especially budget PC builds), Playing instruments (Guitar, Piano APP for PC, Otamatone, Trombone) Camping, Board Games

10 minutes ago, BarackOBatman said:

There is a problem somewhere... My money is still on drivers.

this is abnormal right? I checked if vsync was on but it was turned off. Should the GPU be at 100% usage when playing games? Just as a side note, my 1060 gtx has been overclocked.  When you are playing a game, should either the CPU or GPU be at 100% given that you are under 60fps?

• CPU
  • Motherboard
    asus strix ROG z390-i
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
    Corsair 280x Crystal
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
    LG34gk950g
  • Cooling
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Corsair Harpoon RGB
  • Sound

9 minutes ago, OCNewbee said:

this is abnormal right? I checked if vsync was on but it was turned off. Should the GPU be at 100% usage when playing games? Just as a side note, my 1060 gtx has been overclocked.  When you are playing a game, should either the CPU or GPU be at 100% given that you are under 60fps?

This is abnormal, yes.

The GPU should be at 100% when gaming, correct. This is what you ought to be seeing with your setup but for some reason, you are not.

If you're GPU bottlenecked (which you are, or at least you should be given your specs) the GPU is at 100% constantly

If you're CPU bottlenecked, the CPU would ideally be at 100%. In reality CPU bottlenecks aren't always %100 usage because of things like optimization. Usage is usually high regardless though... For example, if you have a 4 core, 8 thread Intel Core i7, and 4 threads are at 100% usage, and 4 threads are at less than 25% percent usage, and overall CPU usage is %65 this is a CPU bottleneck. The specific game just isn't optimized to use all 8 threads, and a faster CPU would improve performance. 

Share any interests with me? Feel free to message me just to chit chat about whatever. 

(Music) Depeche Mode, The Cure, Pink Floyd, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Cocteau Twins, MGMT, Boy Harsher, The Smiths, Drab Majesty, Chelsea Wolfe, Carly Rae Jepsen, The Smashing Pumpkins, Virgin Prunes, Sky Ferreira, London After Midnight, Jonathan Coulton, Alvvays, Clan of Xymox, Bauhaus, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Anna Von Hausswolff, Joy Division, Sisters of Mercy, She Wants Revenge, The Frozen Autumn, My Bloody Valentine, Type O Negative, The Birthday Party, Leonard Cohen, Switchblade Symphony, Metallica, Creedance Clearwater Revival, Eagles, Elton John, Billy Joel.

(Games) PUBG, Metro Series, Command and Conquer games, Warhammer 40,000 games, Company of Heroes (2), RDR2, CoD4

(Other) Going to the goth club, Firearms, Building PCs (Especially budget PC builds), Playing instruments (Guitar, Piano APP for PC, Otamatone, Trombone) Camping, Board Games

Well, having a 3770k with 8 gigs at 1333MHz is pretty decent to run games these dayz, only because your processor is from Intel, and already utilizes its own clock speed very well.

The thing is, an Intel processor does not rely on the RAM as much as AMD does.

AMD processors heavily rely on RAM, unlike Intel.

So, your FPS may not increase with the increased RAM performance and size, but it will definitely help to maintain that FPS you already have.

And upgrading your System RAM isn't important for gaming, cause this is a minority.

The main thing for your gaming, is VRAM, that should be large and have a high speed, and the good System RAM will help in a stable communication between your GAME and GPU.

Final Answer: YES,

How much?(already explained above)

-Basil

@OCNewbee
there's something weird going on for sure
can you confirm it happens in other games as well? and what is your FPS in other games.

there could be an FPS limiter enabled somewhere so maybe you get 52 FPS everywhere, if not then i have no idea wth is wrong, im still convinced that you have your RAM running in Single Channel mode btw, so check CPU-Z and go to the memory tab like this:

Image result for cpuz ram

best thing to do is reinstall the drivers with DDU (hey that rhymed) 

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

21 hours ago, syn2112 said:

@OCNewbee
there's something weird going on for sure
can you confirm it happens in other games as well? and what is your FPS in other games.

there could be an FPS limiter enabled somewhere so maybe you get 52 FPS everywhere, if not then i have no idea wth is wrong, im still convinced that you have your RAM running in Single Channel mode btw, so check CPU-Z and go to the memory tab like this:

Image result for cpuz ramram.jpg.1e2dcea7475c55d7cbe9a751795e3585.jpg

best thing to do is reinstall the drivers with DDU (hey that rhymed) 

It is running in dual channel mode. I recently collected data on COD WWII using MSI afterburner. The GPU usage was 95%~99 with CPU at ~40%. I think it was only Hitman. After browsing around on YouTube, people with far better specs than mine get similar FPS in some scenes in Hitman. It was just poor coding. After gathering a lot of data over the last 24 hours, it is exactly as you guys have all described. I do not need more or faster rams. I think I just wanted faster rams so I was looking for reasons to justify my purchase. I thought it would help to prevent FPS drops or bring up the average FPS but the evidence suggests that the gain is marginal, around 1-2 FPS or so. However, in CPU intensive games with tons of AI, increased ram and/or faster ram does help with FPS tremendously. Most notably in games like GTA V, more ram DOES prevent FPS drops around 15fps or so. Thanks for all your help and I don't think I will be buying rams. 

• CPU
  • Motherboard
    asus strix ROG z390-i
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
    Corsair 280x Crystal
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
    LG34gk950g
  • Cooling
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Corsair Harpoon RGB
  • Sound