Google Assistant based smart room on a buget

Hi,

I was just thinking that it would be really nice if i could say okay google im going to bed or related type phrase and when i said that it would set a alarm and turn off two screens also if possible put my pc to sleep and then make sure one switch was on and one was off.

If anyone has suggestions as to how to do this cheaply that would be great.

Thanks for any help,

Luke

You probably want to get a raspberry pi with alexa.

Alexa for all your smart-home turn stuff on/off, then use alexa's cortana integration to turn your PC off. 

"Smart" plugs usually run at $15 a piece, setting an alarm is probably included in Alexa, and your smart switches shoould be around $15 (minimum).

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

Google already has that functionality. Check the Google assistant settings in your phone to setup shortcuts. All you need is a compatible smart plug for your lights.

Also here is a tutorial about shutting the computer down with IFTTT I could imagine you could modify the tutorial to use sleep instead of shutdown.

There's no place like ~

Spoiler

Problems and solutions:

FreeNAS

Spoiler

Dell Server 11th gen

Spoiler

ESXI

Spoiler

Or, you can just turn off the lights by walking around the room for 2 meters, turn off the displays with a button and put your computer to sleep by clicking a few buttons.

Are you all really that lazy that you need assistants?

Yes, its good for playing music and reading recipes, but turning off the lights and switching off a computer is straight up being a lazy cunt by the person.

hi.

On 5/9/2018 at 12:36 AM, AskTJ said:

Or, you can just turn off the lights by walking around the room for 2 meters, turn off the displays with a button and put your computer to sleep by clicking a few buttons.

Are you all really that lazy that you need assistants?

Yes, its good for playing music and reading recipes, but turning off the lights and switching off a computer is straight up being a lazy cunt by the person.

No, i just like tech and making stuff like that for fun :)

On 5/9/2018 at 12:01 AM, Razor Blade said:

Google already has that functionality. Check the Google assistant settings in your phone to setup shortcuts. All you need is a compatible smart plug for your lights.

Also here is a tutorial about shutting the computer down with IFTTT I could imagine you could modify the tutorial to use sleep instead of shutdown.

Okay! Thanks This is really useful

On 5/8/2018 at 11:34 PM, NoRomanBatmansAllowed said:

You probably want to get a raspberry pi with alexa.

Alexa for all your smart-home turn stuff on/off, then use alexa's cortana integration to turn your PC off. 

"Smart" plugs usually run at $15 a piece, setting an alarm is probably included in Alexa, and your smart switches shoould be around $15 (minimum).

Yeah i was thinking that to i just usually prefer the google home since we got about 10 around the  house :)