Which 1030 İs The Best for Gaming

z0neGOD

Hello Everybody, Im not sure which 1030 to pick up. Was thinkin the MSI ITX OC version or as an alternative the Gigabyte OC version. (Prefering one with a fan)

The question doe is which is the best for gaming? İs there a lot of difference between them?

I know some people will say go get a gtx1050/1050ti instead. But the prices here just flew up sky high. Im on a tight budget. 

The 1050ti version  used to around 210.69$. The Prices now is between 280-305$

Waiting to see your opinions.

Thankyou in advance.

Any one really. They are all very similarly specced and wont make a difference, maybe within 2-5 frames. Nothing major though.

hi.

2 minutes ago, Blebekblebek said:

No, get 750Ti instead

Im aware of the 750ti aswell there is a %10 better fps difference. But it uses alot of power.

2 minutes ago, tj_420 said:

Any one really. They are all very similarly specced and wont make a difference, maybe within 2-5 frames. Nothing major though.

Hmm, thoughts so myself thankyou.

On 07/05/2018 at 5:21 PM, z0neGOD said:

Im aware of the 750ti aswell there is a %10 better fps difference. But it uses alot of power.

Depends on what cooler you get though.

hi.

4 minutes ago, AugOwnz said:

It will be pretty bad for gaming with whatever version you buy. Look in the used market for last gen cards imo.

Well Im only interested in e-sports games. (CS:GO and Pubg)

This card is more then enough for me for now.

If you talking about TDP that's not representative of how much power the gpu consume.

Both cards only draws from pcie, I have both 1030 and 750Ti, the difference in power is virtually none once you play games (assuming it's the same spek)

The major fiture that you won't get from 1030 is no hardware encoding NVENC

Just now, tj_420 said:

Depends on what cooler you get though.

the psu is

Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 500W 80 Plus Active PFC 12055mm

I'd say go with a gtx 750 ti. you can  get it cheaper 2nd hand (if you're fine with that). Even though its older, its more powerful enough to justify buying this one used than buying you gt 1030 brand new. My friend had a 1030 and wasn't happy about it and bought a 750 and says its a bit better than his 1030 despite the lack of vram. buy used

1 minute ago, Blebekblebek said:

If you talking about TDP that's not representative of how much power the gpu consume.

Both cards only draws from pcie, I have both 1030 and 750Ti, the difference in power is virtually none once you play games (assuming it's the same spek)

The major fiture that you won't get from 1030 is no hardware encoding NVENC

hmm sorry I dont know what Encoding NVENC is Could you please tell?

2 minutes ago, Triventular said:

I'd say go with a gtx 750 ti. you can  get it cheaper 2nd hand (if you're fine with that). Even though its older, its more powerful enough to justify buying this one used than buying you gt 1030 brand new. My friend had a 1030 and wasn't happy about it and bought a 750 and says its a bit better than his 1030 despite the lack of vram. buy used

Will think about it, ty 

it's hardware codec to stream (usually) so your computer won't use too much cpu power

There's a lot of application today that use gpu encoding to reduce usage of cpu (including browsing internet, youtube mostly)

I have 1030 and I regret it ever since, tried to sell it but no one willing to buy.

Even GTX 750 (non ti) is better than 1030, and yes I also have GTX 750, the drawback is it's only 1GB, but then again, it cost half of my 1030.

1 minute ago, z0neGOD said:

Will think about it, ty 

np but you can step up, and seeing that you have a decent psu. You can buy a used gtx 1050 (yes those exist) and its a big leap in performance.. I had a 1050 and despite only having 2gb of vram, it ran everything I threw at it fine. now, you can step up more by buying an older card, a gtx 970 (the most common card people here will say is good for value right now). This thing is comparable to a gtx 1060 3gb and if you look hard enough, you can find one of these card with the same price as a gtx 1050 ti. There's a lot of options out there but, personally, I wouldn't recommend a 1030 to anyone because there are a lot of better value options out there

1 minute ago, Triventular said:

np but you can step up, and seeing that you have a decent psu. You can buy a used gtx 1050 (yes those exist) and its a big leap in performance.. I had a 1050 and despite only having 2gb of vram, it ran everything I threw at it fine. now, you can step up more by buying an older card, a gtx 970 (the most common card people here will say is good for value right now). This thing is comparable to a gtx 1060 3gb and if you look hard enough, you can find one of these card with the same price as a gtx 1050 ti. There's a lot of options out there but, personally, I wouldn't recommend a 1030 to anyone because there are a lot of better value options out there

I can give you the pc build. The thing is I have never bought 2nd used gpus. Im thinking stuff like what if it dosent work or something wrong with it. I just dont want to risk it for now. I will take a look at the gtx 970. Thankyou.

Here the PC Build:

--------------------------------

CPU: i3 8100 

GPU: MSI GT 1030 AERO ITX 2G OC 2 GB

Motherboard: MSI H310M PRO-VDH Intel H310 8th Gen Intel Soket 1151 DDR4 2666MHz 

RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB 2666MHz DDR4  

Case: CORSAIR CARBİDE SERIES CHAMP/SPEC-04 RED/BLACK MidT ATX Case

Power Supply: Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 500W 80 Plus Active PFC 12055m

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 

--------------------------------

Around 587-600 Dollars Build.

24 minutes ago, z0neGOD said:

the psu is

Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 500W 80 Plus Active PFC 12055mm

Yeah. I read somewhere on this forum that there are some cards with 2 fans, even 3 fans on a 750ti. Yeah, crazy.

I'll link the article.

Most 750ti's get power out of the PCI-E lane, but have additional 6 pin connectors for overclocking.

Be aware of that.

hi.

that's failry balanced system haha assuming its all bought brand new.

I only spent around 250usd on my setup

i5 3570 with CM t2 blizzard mini

ecs h61h2-m2

12gb kingston ddr3 1600mhz

gtx 970

aerocool 500w psu

local brand case.

most of the things here are 2nd hand. it includes the cpu, mobo, memory, and the gtx 970. I got lucky with the 970 because I got it for only 150usd but there's a problem with it, one of the fans is not working properly, but other than that, i have a legit gtx 970. One of the tips I would say when buying used is see if you can test it out before buying it and if you're meeting up for it, ask the seller if there's any problems with it.. like bug the seller about it. thats all i have to say haha goodluck on the hunt

Have you considered a Ryzen build with the 2400G? I believe the graphic performance is around the same or a little better on the 2400G and the CPU is faster than the 8100. You can then buy a new GPU once you've saved more money/the prices come down.

PSU tier list // Motherboard tier list // Community Standards 

My System:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte RTX 3060TI Gaming OC ProFractal Design Meshify C TG, 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz, MSI B450 Gaming Plus MaxSamsung 850 EVO 512GB, 2TB WD BlueCorsair RM850x, LG 27GL83A-B

33 minutes ago, z0neGOD said:

Well Im only interested in e-sports games. (CS:GO and Pubg)

This card is more then enough for me for now.

Pubg needs a least a 1050Ti (1080p 60 fps at very low settings)

i would say look in the used market for a gtx 970

Let's agree to disagree

5 minutes ago, tj_420 said:

Yeah. I read somewhere on this forum that there are some cards with 2 fans, even 3 fans on a 750ti. Yeah, crazy.

I'll link the article.

Most 750ti's get power out of the PCI-E lane, but have additional 6 pin connectors for overclocking.

Be aware of that.

Yeah just saw one with 3 fans.Got the size of 1080 almost rofl.

Will do thankyou my friend.

6 minutes ago, Triventular said:

that's failry balanced system haha assuming its all bought brand new.

I only spent around 250usd on my setup

i5 3570 with CM t2 blizzard mini

ecs h61h2-m2

12gb kingston ddr3 1600mhz

gtx 970

aerocool 500w psu

local brand case.

most of the things here are 2nd hand. it includes the cpu, mobo, memory, and the gtx 970. I got lucky with the 970 because I got it for only 150usd but there's a problem with it, one of the fans is not working properly, but other than that, i have a legit gtx 970. One of the tips I would say when buying used is see if you can test it out before buying it and if you're meeting up for it, ask the seller if there's any problems with it.. like bug the seller about it. thats all i have to say haha goodluck on the hunt

Nice build, yep all new fresh and clean. Sorry bout the gtx 970 doe. But hey you seem to find it for a good price so there is no need to be sad. Thankyou for the tips. Will work hard for this build :D

7 minutes ago, martward said:

Have you considered a Ryzen build with the 2400G? I believe the graphic performance is around the same or a little better on the 2400G and the CPU is faster than the 8100. You can then buy a new GPU once you've saved more money/the prices come down.

Yeah I was thinking about doing a ryzen2200g + gt 1030 combo. Doe I decided to go with intel.

Hopefully the prices go down, I Still have no idea why they went up so much.

Thankyou.

6 minutes ago, MrTiC said:

Pubg needs a least a 1050Ti (1080p 60 fps at very low settings)

i would say look in the used market for a gtx 970

Lets agree to disagree xD Loved that move rofl.

Anyway I have seen in bencmarks with the i3 8100 and  gt 1030 combo that I around 29-55 fps low settings in 1080p.

In 720p doe, It dosent go lower then 60 fps minimum.

1030 is a little beast. Got a friend with 1060 6Gb and he plays all low. So Its enough for me as I said.

Will take a look on the gtx970. As I seen the prices of it is equal to a 1060 doe.

Thankyou

4 minutes ago, z0neGOD said:

Yeah I was thinking about doing a ryzen2200g + gt 1030 combo. Doe I decided to go with intel.

Hopefully the prices go down, I Still have no idea why they went up so much.

Thankyou.

No, the point of getting the 2200G/2400G is that you dont have to buy the GT1030 because the integrated graphics on those has very simmilar performance to the GT1030.

Also, there are two kindsof GT 1030. With GDDR5 and with DDR4... the one with GDDR5 is better.