how do i baby proof my pc setup?

Just use some cable management products, like sleeves. Or even better, some cable management bars. Can’t show a pic sorry

This is like and askreddit thread without a "serious" tag,

Zip tie all the cables together to make one unified strand that the baby can't get caught on or something. Or block access to the computer together, or put the computer on a table and then use zipties to keep all the cables elevated well out of reach.

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

On 5/6/2018 at 12:07 PM, Professor Dingledore said:

For the baby, not the PC cables :D 

I see no difference

My profile picure is real. That's what I look like in real life. I'm actually a blue and white African Wild Dog.

Ryzen 9 5900X - MSI Ventus 2x OC 3060 Ti - 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz CL16 - ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax

EVGA CLC 280 + 2x140mm NF-A14 - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB + WD Black SN750 1TB - Windows 11/10 - EVGA Supernova G3 1000W

9 hours ago, CloroxBleach57 said:

Your tag is amazing how do I make one???

Can't say I remember how.

Something in signature in your profile I think. I should know because I did it last week.

But I don't

My profile picure is real. That's what I look like in real life. I'm actually a blue and white African Wild Dog.

Ryzen 9 5900X - MSI Ventus 2x OC 3060 Ti - 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz CL16 - ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax

EVGA CLC 280 + 2x140mm NF-A14 - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB + WD Black SN750 1TB - Windows 11/10 - EVGA Supernova G3 1000W

On 06/05/2018 at 4:07 PM, Gil_Meiri said:

Hello guys. my name is Gil and m 17 YO, recently my baby sister start to crawl and sometimes she hide under my desk and she loves to play with my setup's cabels so i wanted to baby proof my setup to prevent any Injuries to her.

do you have any tips?

BTW sorry 4 my English

You could get a bit of sheet wood and hide the cables behind it. Thats what I did. 

Main Rig - Case: Corsair 200R   Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z270-GAMING-K3  CPU: Intel i5 7600 RAM: Corsair H55 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3000MHz SSD: Crucial MX500 1 TB 

HDD: 2TB WD Green  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1660 Ti 6GB Windforce  PSU: Corsair CX 600W  

HTPC - Case: CiT MTX-007B   Motherboard: Biostar H61MGV3, CPU: Intel i5 2400  RAM: Patriot 4GB 1333MHz SSD: 240GB Toshiba SSD PSU: 180W CIT (Came with case)

Corsair 200R Front Bezel Mod

11 hours ago, dizmo said:

Yes, but we're not talking about an entire house. We're talking about one area. Kids are smarter than dogs, and dogs can be trained to not do something.

You are comparing apples and kumquats. We are talking about very young human children, not dogs. You obviously know nothing about very young children, especially babies.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

I have a 1 and a half year old and I've got some helpful tips for you.

1. Have as many of your cables on top of your desk as you possibly can.
  2. If you need to have a cable dangling or connect to a wall, use something like a floor mat (I'm using a cheap one from IKEA) and simply place it in between your desk and wall. The curvy nature is help keep child hands from pulling on anything. 

And that's about it!

IMG_3931.JPG

The mortal enemy of the baby is height.  keep everything you can up high and the little buggers have to get creative to get at it.  you could even build a simple bracket to put your case on the wall if you had to.  hide cables behind a desk or shelf if you can (hopefully the outlet is there too so you can keep your power bar on your desk or mounted to the wall.  My boys never seemed to want to play with power cables, but every kid is unique.

On 5/7/2018 at 11:30 AM, Majinhoju said:

Saw this a couple years ago, do this: 

Image result for baby gate around computer

Correct example of how to do it.

On 5/6/2018 at 11:12 AM, DaJakerBoss said:

Zip Ties and Duct Tape.

Were you saying to put that on the cables or the sister?

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

On 5/6/2018 at 10:35 AM, App4that said:

Get rid of the baby. 

Get rid of the PC. The baby is our future. =P

Suggestion: Put a partition between the desk and wall. Make sure the cables are between the partition and the wall.

CPU: Core i7 4970K | MOBO: Asus Z87 Pro | RAM: 32GBs of G.Skill Ares 1866 | GPU: MSI GAMING X GTX 1070 | STOR: 2 X Crucial BX100 250GB, 2 x WD Blk 1TB (mirror),WD Blk 500GB | CASE: Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced | PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA G2 750W | COOL: Cooler Master Hyper T4 | DISP: 21" 1080P POS | KB: MS Keyboard | MAU5: Redragon NEMEANLION | MIC: Snowball Blue | OS: Win 8.1 Pro x64, (Working on Arch for dual boot) |

1 minute ago, Gikero said:

Get rid of the PC. The baby is our future. =P

Our future has just as high a chance to become a criminal as they do a cop. That future is just another mouth added to the billions already clawing for resources. 

The PC won't get itself arrested selling crack and call you at 3am for help ;) 

If anyone asks you never saw me.

20 minutes ago, Jtalk4456 said:

Were you saying to put that on the cables or the sister?

yes