Acer Nitro 5 (Works better with Cooling fan?)

Hi,

To all owners of Acer Nitro 5 Laptops or maybe those who are familiar with its cooling. I'm asking about how good or bad would it be to use a cooling fan right under the laptop? I also tried putting a piece of tissue at the bottom of the laptop and this made me sure that it pushes the airflow towards the exhaust (found at the back of the laptop - back of the laptop while you facing the screen) that is why I would like to know if pushing the laptop's fan with a cooling pad would help (not ruin its design to release hot air). Please enlighten me. Thanks! 

PS: I'm using a Laptop Cooling Pad (dual fans) as a platform for the Acer Nitro 5 laptop. Maybe if you really are familiar with airflows and stuff, pls help. Also, the exhaust of this laptop is in front, right side below the monitor panel.

Pls help, thanks!

Nitro 5 has mediocre CPU cooling. I suggest you to undervolt the CPU and do a repaste (Acer has bad thermal paste job)

Choosing the right cooling pad can be a little tricky, you need to experiment that

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

• 1 month later...

i am using this setup for it. gonna post the temps later when i log them, but so far its sufficent enough not to thermal throttle and i havent overclocked or undervolt the cpu or gpu.

35812629_1877877255607107_3605608036921507840_n.jpg

• 7 months later...
On 5/6/2018 at 7:06 AM, GeneXiS_X said:

Nitro 5 has mediocre CPU cooling. I suggest you to undervolt the CPU and do a repaste (Acer has bad thermal paste job)

Hey man! I have the same laptop, CPU's gettin up to 96 degrees! And I'm running the game I want to play @55fps on medium/low settings. I was thinking of undervolting the CPU ( and repasting ) , but wouldnt that drop the fps by a couple? would it be a smart idea to undervolt the CPU, and overclock the GPU? my gpu temps are fine so it could handle it, so I dont see any reason my logic is off. Just looking for another opinion, Ive searched everywhere and noone talks about undervolting the cpu AND OC'ing the gpu

Just now, RayKnack said:

but wouldnt that drop the fps by a couple?

I dunno why you would think it will but it will not

Just now, RayKnack said:

would it be a smart idea to undervolt the CPU, and overclock the GPU?

You can do it, but I suggest OC GPU using voltage frequency curve

1 minute ago, RayKnack said:

Ive searched everywhere and noone talks about undervolting the cpu AND OC'ing the gpu

There are many guides actually (see my sig below), I might be doing my own guide too so stay tuned

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

The laptops fan is strong enough. Most fans in cooling pads aren't as strong as the fan in laptops. So cooling pads are unnecessary in my opinion.