Why does my monitor look like a pile of shit?

Yo Whats Up

Monitor is Acer H236HL , I'm using B552D941-2ACA-0E2C-49E8-0AE1F5AEF645.jpg and 5a8bee6e49270.jpg 

and this is how the monitor looks after I'm done 

uSKooPw.jpg

The ENTIRE fuckin monitor is in stains, it looks much worse than on the picture, the "cleaning cloths" do NOTHING, they just smear the spray around until it becomes dry and then that's how it looks, pls help

“Every post deserves a meme„

–Confucius

I never use or recommend screen cleaning sprays for precisely this reason, to clean a matte screen you should only use water and make sure dry it off completely with a tissue or something. To try and fix your problem you can try to do just that - clean it with a slightly wet cloth and make sure to dry it of manually when you're done.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Use some drops of a neutral liquid dish detergent with a wet towel. Then wipe it off with another damp towel

4 minutes ago, Sauron said:

I never use or recommend screen cleaning sprays for precisely this reason, to clean a matte screen you should only use water and make sure dry it off completely with a tissue or something. To try and fix your problem you can try to do just that - clean it with a slightly wet cloth and make sure to dry it of manually when you're done.

Then why do those sprays exist if they can't do the one thing they're meant for... I feel cheated 

–Confucius

4 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

did you use microfiber cloth?

No I used the shitty "cleaning cloths", they're like wet wipes but the material is more paper-like, like you could wipe your ass with it (unlike normal paper) but it won't be pleasant (unlike toilet paper or wipes)

–Confucius

1 minute ago, Yo Whats Up said:

Then why do those sprays exist if they can't do the one thing they're meant for... I feel cheated 

Because people buy them :P they work better on screens with a glass surface, matte screens are inherently harder to clean.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

2 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Because people buy them :P they work better on screens with a glass surface, matte screens are inherently harder to clean.

How do I know if my screen is matte or glass? Well obviously now I know but I want to for the future too

To me it just looks like a screen, unless you mean literally glass?

–Confucius

3 minutes ago, Yo Whats Up said:

How do I know if my screen is matte or glass? Well obviously now I know but I want to for the future too

To me it just looks like a screen, unless you mean literally glass?

You can tell just by looking at it, if it doesn't reflect like a mirror when it's off then it's matte. And yes, I do mean literally glass on the screen, like you'd have on a smartphone. iMacs are a good example of screens with a glass surface. Personally I prefer matte screens because of the lower reflection, but they do come with problems like this.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

18 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

Just use distilled water to clean your displays. Don't use cleaning solutions.

Is home water fine?

–Confucius

1 hour ago, Glenwing said:

Depends on your region, but my tap water leaves streaks on my screens. It needs to be distilled water.

Ok then, Ima MAN UP and buy distilled water :)

Btw, why does your profile say "Last Visited: July 14, 2017"  You a ghost?

–Confucius

idk the screen cleaner I use works really well. I use that and a microfiber cloth. I have matte screens and gloss. Never use tap water you can get water spots on your monitor. I wouldn't even use distilled water as it evaporates to slow. Just find a monitor cleaning solution that works.