nVidia ends GeForce Partner Program

WMGroomAK
Just now, Razor01 said:

Sure but in this case it is Nvidia so we ought to call them out for it just like we do for every other company out there.

American companies are ultra toxic on this matter these days, so it's important to call them out on it every chance we get.

I don't know what's your point on that, but the since the wan show makes their bread and butter on other people's articles, the least they could do would be to stop with the clickbaity titles.

Linus made a video about it a while back and he just doesn't care. In his mind, those titles generate more revenues so they keep those, but I'd strongly consider losing the clickbaity titles on the wan show as it may be disrespectful to the actual journalists they use the articles of. They can do whatever they want with their own contents, but this is crossing a line ethically speaking for too many people.

It may be the reason why they got suspended from twitch by the way. It would make sense at least.

3 minutes ago, laminutederire said:

Sure but in this case it is Nvidia so we ought to call them out for it just like we do for every other company out there.

American companies are ultra toxic on this matter these days, so it's important to call them out on it every chance we get.

I don't know what's your point on that, but the since the wan show makes their bread and butter on other people's articles, the least they could do would be to stop with the clickbaity titles.

Linus made a video about it a while back and he just doesn't care. In his mind, those titles generate more revenues so they keep those, but I'd strongly consider losing the clickbaity titles on the wan show as it may be disrespectful to the actual journalists they use the articles of. They can do whatever they want with their own contents, but this is crossing a line ethically speaking for too many people.

It may be the reason why they got suspended from twitch by the way. It would make sense at least.

Its not just American companies, its every company, please try not to relegate this to certain ones.

I haven't seen that many click baity titles on the WAN show please show me.

28 minutes ago, Razor01 said:

How about all of them? :P

"AMD abused our trust" things like this. Then there the over the top don't and the weird facial expressions and poses.

How come everytime someone says that nvidia is doing something bad or inherently wrong... you guys pop up to tell everyone about every other company?

Why cant it just be bad on its own, by itself?

12 minutes ago, Kamjam21xx said:

How come everytime someone says that nvidia is doing something bad or inherently wrong... you guys pop up to tell everyone about every other company?

Why cant it just be bad on its own, by itself?

They try to lessen the significance of said bad thing or try to undermine people who think it's not okay by telling them "everyone does it and you're not a tough person if you can't accept it". Something along those lines I'd guess

Just now, laminutederire said:

They try to lessen the significance of said bad thing or try to undermine people who think it's not okay by telling them "everyone does it and you're not a tough person if you can't accept it". Something along those lines I'd guess

bad thing?

branding their product to separate it from the competitors? only in motherboards and gpus does this exist

allocation of chips which they can already do?

2 minutes ago, pas008 said:

bad thing?

branding their product to separate it from the competitors? only in motherboards and gpus does this exist

allocation of chips which they can already do?

You perfectly know this is bullshit. If they didn't want people to be confused with branding they wouldn't have done the 1060 and 1030 variants.

Just now, laminutederire said:

You perfectly know this is bullshit. If they didn't want people to be confused with branding they wouldn't have done the 1060 and 1030 variants.

that has been around for awhile, 260, 560ti nothing new, performance is within 5% lol

and that has nothing to do with branded same as your competitor

please name outside of motherboards and gpus that existing competitors have same brand?

9 minutes ago, pas008 said:

that has been around for awhile, 260, 560ti nothing new, performance is within 5% lol

and that has nothing to do with branded same as your competitor

please name outside of motherboards and gpus that existing competitors have same brand?

And? That is still not okay.

That has to do with the fact it contradicts their official goal, which makes them being openly invalidating their motive. It wasn't about branding confusion.

Laptops and prebuilt can be branded the same with different parts in those. Samsung flagships are marketed the same despite having two variants with two competitor SoCs. Should I go on?

And? That is still not okay.

That has to do with the fact it contradicts their official goal, which makes them being openly invalidating their motive. It wasn't about branding confusion.

Laptops and prebuilt can be branded the same with different parts in those. Samsung flagships are marketed the same despite having two variants with two competitor SoCs. Should I go on?

no those oems didnt sign away because they still get their parts from aibs lol

7 minutes ago, pas008 said:

no those oems didnt sign away because they still get their parts from aibs lol

You do not make any sense right now.

You do not make any sense right now.

why would they sign gpp when they get their gpus from aibs in first place only thing benefiting them is mdf so why would they sign for mdf and change their gaming line up just for mdf?

1 minute ago, pas008 said:

You asked me the question: who brands competitors with the same brand outside of you and mobo. I gave you an example.

That doesn't contradict what I said as well.

Fucking hell, the industry is full of children, not just on the forums but in the media as well. 9_9

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

29 minutes ago, mr moose said:

Fucking hell, the industry is full of children, not just on the forums but in the media as well. 9_9

You should see the responses I get from channels as well known as Hardware Unboxed. Question their methodology at all and they call you a fanboy for some manufacturer lol. Almost comical at this point. Yet. Look at the responses they like.

Back in the day no one wanted a yes man, because leaders understood group think, and the dangers of it 

Now? You have to give a trigger warning before trying to help someone.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

2 minutes ago, App4that said:

You should see the responses I get from channels as well known as Hardware Unboxed. Question their methodology at all and they call you a fanboy for some manufacturer lol. Almost comical at this point. Yet. Look at the responses they like.

Back in the day no one wanted a yes man, because leaders understood group think, and the dangers of it 

Basically anyone who tries to be neutral will only be seen as extreme from either side and if lucky will have a few supporters in the middle (who are also seen as extreme).

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

13 minutes ago, App4that said:

Well that is what social media does lol, brings together like minded people in a way that is rather dangerous.  Mob mentally overrules everything.

13 hours ago, Razor01 said:

Well that is what social media does lol, brings together like minded people in a way that is rather dangerous.  Mob mentally overrules everything.

like the corsair logo lol a fucking ugly ass logo but the cries were ridiculous

16 hours ago, laminutederire said:

You asked me the question: who brands competitors with the same brand outside of you and mobo. I gave you an example.

That doesn't contradict what I said as well.

does the aib or odm's get to name the end product?

only happens in pc world for some reason

this copy and paste naming and designs need to go on all fronts, competing products should be distinguished from another along with sub brands/names

1 hour ago, pas008 said:

does the aib or odm's get to name the end product?

only happens in pc world for some reason

this copy and paste naming and designs need to go on all fronts, competing products should be distinguished from another along with sub brands/names

It doesn't only happen in the computer world. Take any supermarket/drug store brand. A lot of them are the same products but they're all branded by the retailers themselves.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

2 hours ago, djdwosk97 said:

It doesn't only happen in the computer world. Take any supermarket/drug store brand. A lot of them are the same products but they're all branded by the retailers themselves.

if you think they are the same product you must be missing something cause they compare to another product but they technically are using modified formula or missing something in the formula

many drugs and recipes are copyrighted

thats like saying mouthwash that compares to listerine is same formula same with doritos chips

same goes for perfumes and colognes

they are a new product that compares

gpus/laptops/mobos are still intel/nvidia/amd based products

2 hours ago, djdwosk97 said:

And the government gets HEAVILY involved in that and all healthcare.

FDA regulations are estimated to kill 1 of 5 u.s. citizens.

So i would like to see the FTC take gpp seriously.

9 minutes ago, Kamjam21xx said:

I think he may be referring to the generic brands in the EU which were introduced to provide cheaper alternatives and stop healthcare deficits

33 minutes ago, Kamjam21xx said:

So you would want to see FDA type guidelines in the graphics card market?  Really, do you know why drug prices are higher here in the US than other countries?  Even generic drugs?  Yeah that is the reason.  I have a fairly good background in Pharma advertising, advertising companies that work for the big pharma companies have their own legal departments and the Pharma companies have their own legal departments too.  All of which cost money.  Depending on the scope of what you are doing we are looking at 1000 bucks (low end I've seen these people bill out at 3k an hour) an hour for legal review per person involved in those departments.  And it adds up quick because its usually 5-10 people that are in the those departments and it usually takes 5 to 7 days to get info back from legal review.  Legal review usually has 3 stages too.  This is all before its put in front of the FDA lol.  If something needs to be changed at the FDA level, the process starts over again.  Submitting to the FDA also costs money too, and its hefty fees can be any where from 10k to 50k depending on the medium.

Someone has to pay for this shit man.

38 minutes ago, Razor01 said:

So you would want to see FDA type guidelines in the graphics card market?  Really, do you know why drug prices are higher here in the US than other countries?  Even generic drugs?  Yeah that is the reason.  I have a fairly good background in Pharma advertising, advertising companies that work for the big pharma companies have their own legal departments and the Pharma companies have their own legal departments too.  All of which cost money.  Depending on the scope of what you are doing we are looking at 1000 bucks (low end I've seen these people bill out at 3k an hour) an hour for legal review per person involved in those departments.  And it adds up quick because its usually 5-10 people that are in the those departments and it usually takes 5 to 7 days to get info back from legal review.  Legal review usually has 3 stages too.  This is all before its put in front of the FDA lol.  If something needs to be changed at the FDA level, the process starts over again.  Submitting to the FDA also costs money too, and its hefty fees can be any where from 10k to 50k depending on the medium.

Someone has to pay for this shit man.

Well no, but atleast adhere to the standards elsewhere in this country.

Big pharma isnt the problem, the FDA is.

But still... we still lead the world. If our pharmaceutical companies dont make, you generally wont get it, and due to FDA regulations you get half as many life saving drugs at the moment. They have made healthcare worse worldwide.

That might have changed this year or last year, idk. But for a long time, we have lead the world on this. So even with FDA regulation they do fine. But yeah it takes 14 years and billions of dollars to comply with them on a per drug basis. Like just sayin i get that FDA makes things crazy expensive.

Nvidia needs to be held accoutable for the shitty shit they do.

Side note: my stepmom use to audit all of the hospitals in michigan, so i hear a fairbit from her. But back to graphics cards lol.