What ethernet cable should I get?

Yu

What ethernet cable should I get, what should I pay attention to?

What speed network interfaces are you running, do you require the cabling to be routed outdoors etc?

Please quote or tag me if you need a reply

@Falconevo I believe its 300 mbps, the cable won't be routed outdoors, only inside of the house.

just use 5e

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

Cat5e, supports upto 1G in speed over large distances.  If you plan on using 10G in a number of years when it eventually comes down in price then you may want to look at Cat6a

Please quote or tag me if you need a reply

Go for the highest category you can afford. Generally you'll only save a few $ with Cat5e over Cat6a, so you may as well go with the higher cat to get better crosstalk protection and support for higher bandwidth should you ever need it. 

This holds particularly true if you're running a wire that's going to be at least somewhat permanent. No point in running a wire that needs pulling out and re-running if you upgrade to a faster network bandwidth. 

This option depends on how much of an enthusiast you are, but:

How much into computing are you?  How many cables do you think you'll ever need?  How about your friends?  It really isn't all that expensive to make your own patch cables.  Here's some quick Home Depot prices:

500 feet cat 5e = $58

25 cat 5 ends = $10

cat 5 crimper = $12

So, for $80 you can make 500 feet of cat 5e patch cables (12 cables total with the 25 ends) for you, your family, your friends, whoever asks.  It's not difficult at all and it's way cheaper than buying pre-made.

It's not for everybody; just something to consider...

What I was recommended to was cat6 Belden cables. May want to give it a try:D

cat5e, if your wiring your home and want maybe to expand in the future possibly go cat6 but it's expensive.

"Only proprietary software vendors want proprietary software." - Dexter's Law