Are these IE80s real?

TastyMidget
Go to solution Solved by LinusTech,

Actually fake IE80's has been a bit of a problem in the past. Not sure if yours are real. Contacting Sennheiser would be your best bet.

hey i recently bought a pair of IE80s from Ebay... I know, I'm a dumb teenager.. but it was from someone in the US does that make it better D: ? Anyways i looked at some picture online and still can't decide.

here are the pictures . sorry that the pictures look bad, i took them from my phone. also they sound damn good even if they are fakes @.@

How much did you pay for them?

Personal Rig

i7 4790K | Asus Z97I-WiFi | CM 280L | Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X | Kingston ValueRAM 2 x 8GB | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2TB Seagate SSHD | Seasonic Platinium 660W | Bitfenix Prodigy

185 US free shipping

Seem reasonable. Should be real.

Personal Rig

i7 4790K | Asus Z97I-WiFi | CM 280L | Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X | Kingston ValueRAM 2 x 8GB | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2TB Seagate SSHD | Seasonic Platinium 660W | Bitfenix Prodigy

eh fakes are extremely good these days and they are all over ebay the amount of people ive seen get scammed on it i would never buy headphones from ebay even if they are asking RRP.

eh fakes are extremely good these days and they are all over ebay the amount of people ive seen get scammed on it i would never buy headphones from ebay even if they are asking RRP.

Not really, the only fakes are from things that are really popular. IE - beats headphones or apple headphones.

Not really, the only fakes are from things that are really popular. IE - beats headphones or apple headphones.

the sony's and some akg's are faked as well

EDIT: "faked"  new grammar right there...

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I've seen some pretty good Bose Quiet Comfort 15s fakes that my friend got on ebay a few years back.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

Actually fake IE80's has been a bit of a problem in the past. Not sure if yours are real. Contacting Sennheiser would be your best bet.

In other worths , you've been ripped off ;)

Interested in Business and Technology

I've seen some pretty good Bose Quiet Comfort 15s fakes that my friend got on ebay a few years back.

But they are Bose, aren't they already fakes? :P 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

From the pics it looks like the sennheiser logo is laser etched and the cables aren't overly thick like the fakes which leads me to believe that these are real.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

looking at the packaging how the corners are bent makes me think they are fake (i know it could just be shipping etc but i have seen fakes been packaged extremely well and still have bent corners)