Is it worth buying an Xbox One X If I already own a great rig?

Swegly

I already have an amazing PC (Specs in sig) but I was wondering whether it is worth it to buy an Xbox One X since I have a 4k HDR TV to use it with. I understand that the console obviously doesnt perform as well as my PC can but is it worth it just for the 4k experience and the relaxation aspect of it. Sometimes I get really tired of sitting as my desk and just want to kick back. I would just connect a controller to my PC but I would be absolutlely obliterated in the games I play (mainly fortnite). 

What do you guys think? Thanks.

CPU: i7 8700 GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 Mobo: Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5 Ram: 16GB EVGA SuperSC SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB PSU: TX650M Case: NZXT S340 Elite OS: Windows 10 Mouse: Logitech G403 Mouse Mat: HyperX Fury S Pro XL 
Keyboard: CM Masterkeys Pro S (reds) Headphones: Sennheiser HD598 Monitor: Asus 24' MG248QR Devices: IPhone 11 Pro Max + 13' Macbook Pro

^^ only if you really want it.

Try using the PSU Tier List! 

How to reset the bios/clear the cmos

My current rig:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x

Ram: 1x16gb DDR4, 2x8gb DDR4

Storage: 1tb nvme ssd

GPU: gtx 3080

Monitor: 23.8" Dell S2417DG 144hz g-sync 1440p + 27" Acer S271HL 60 Hz 1080p

Keyboard: ducky one I | I SF

Mouse: gpro wireless | glorious model o2 wireless

Sound : beyerdynamic 1990 pro | Monoprice liquid spark (amp) + topping d10 (dac)

3 minutes ago, MrBucket101 said:

If you want to play xbox exclusives then yes. Pretty much any other reason, then no not really. 

there's no xbox exclusives anymore... you can have them on the windows store.

edit: yes I am serious, forza whatever and sea of thieves are supposedly "console exclusives" but can be purchased on the windows store.

4 minutes ago, Swegly said:

I would just connect a controller to my PC but I would be absolutlely obliterated in the games I play (mainly fortnite). 

What do you guys think? Thanks.

just play another game when you do this. i play Witcher 3 and ffxv with my controller

6 minutes ago, Swegly said:

is it worth it just for the 4k experience and the relaxation aspect of it.

your pc can do much better at 4k than then xbox 1 x

3 minutes ago, MrBucket101 said:

If you want to play xbox exclusives then yes. Pretty much any other reason, then no not really. 

3 minutes ago, hconverse02 said:

^^ only if you really want it.

i mean I dont really care for exclusives the main point would be to be able to relax while I play but also to take advantage of that 4k on my tv

CPU: i7 8700 GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 Mobo: Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5 Ram: 16GB EVGA SuperSC SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB PSU: TX650M Case: NZXT S340 Elite OS: Windows 10 Mouse: Logitech G403 Mouse Mat: HyperX Fury S Pro XL 
Keyboard: CM Masterkeys Pro S (reds) Headphones: Sennheiser HD598 Monitor: Asus 24' MG248QR Devices: IPhone 11 Pro Max + 13' Macbook Pro

Just now, Swegly said:

i mean I dont really care for exclusives the main point would be to be able to relax while I play but also to take advantage of that 4k on my tv

It's totally up to you, it doesn't matter if your pc performs better, would you enjoy gaming on a console occasionally?

Try using the PSU Tier List! 

How to reset the bios/clear the cmos

My current rig:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x

Ram: 1x16gb DDR4, 2x8gb DDR4

Storage: 1tb nvme ssd

GPU: gtx 3080

Monitor: 23.8" Dell S2417DG 144hz g-sync 1440p + 27" Acer S271HL 60 Hz 1080p

Keyboard: ducky one I | I SF

Mouse: gpro wireless | glorious model o2 wireless

Sound : beyerdynamic 1990 pro | Monoprice liquid spark (amp) + topping d10 (dac)

1 minute ago, Swegly said:

you could stream the game from steam.... and play it with a controller. on 4K.

1 minute ago, Swegly said:

2 minutes ago, Technomancer__ said:

just play another game when you do this. i play Witcher 3 and ffxv with my controller

your pc can do much better at 4k than then xbox 1 x

Just now, hconverse02 said:

It's totally up to you, it doesn't matter if your pc performs better, would you enjoy gaming on a console occasionally?

Last time I played on a console it was an xbox 360 in 2013. I feel like Id honestly love to have a console to play on occasionally especially when im tired. The only thing standing in the way of me buying one today is the thought that I may not use it as much as I anticipate.

1 minute ago, The Viking said:

you could stream the game from steam.... and play it with a controller. on 4K.

I would do this but I only play competetive games. if I were to play fortnite with a controller against KBM opponents id get smashed

If you want to play Red Dead Redemption 2 and Kingdom Hearts 3 and think the Playstation exclusives look like shit, then yes.

1 minute ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

If you want to play Red Dead Redemption 2 and Kingdom Hearts 3 and think the Playstation exclusives look like shit, then yes.

oh. my. god. I forgot about RDD2. Thanks for reminding me, I need that game.

there's also Xbox Backwards Compat library. i could be wrong but there are a few titles that are further optimized with Xbox One X

RDR2 may come to PC, but probably a while after consoles similar to what they did with GTAV 

I own 5 PCs, and a Xbox One X. It's worth it, trust me. 

If anyone asks you never saw me.

3 hours ago, hconverse02 said:

This.  Everyone will have their reasons to owning a console while also having a good PC gaming rig.  It is up to the buyer if the console is worth buying or not by their use case.

Also, at least with a XBX, one gets a UHD HDR player.  And later, the console is to get a update to take advantage of 1440P resolutions and VRR.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

10 hours ago, Swegly said:

I already have an amazing PC (Specs in sig) but I was wondering whether it is worth it to buy an Xbox One X since I have a 4k HDR TV to use it with.

Not really.

There aren't many XBox One Exclusives, so not for that reason.

Look here:
https://gematsu.com/exclusives/xbox-one

If you happened to owne a 360, it might be worth it because of those Games.

But a PS4 makes way more sense as there is a ton of exclusives like Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War. And for people who like Dark Souls, Bloodborne.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

With a rig as good as your's it is hard to justify an Xbox One X. Less harder with an Xbox One S. Unless you're a crazy person like me who buys all the consoles.

My thoughts on reasons you'd want an Xbox One and if many don't matter to you, then it's probably not worth it and you should look to the PS4 or Switch for a better complement to your PC.

- If the console exclusive game is X-enhanced, the Xbox One X version is probably the most performant of all.

- Historically my personal experience with HDR on Windows 10 (can't speak for other OS) has been that it doesn't work well or at all. Not sure if this has been fixed in general, but I was able to play Ni no Kuni II with HDR and it was glorious. HDR has worked flawless for me on Xbox One and PS4. So something to investigate if HDR is of any interest to you. You can get the cheaper Xbox One S for this feature.

- While the number of Xbox One exclusives is minimal and won't change in the future due to Xbox Play Anywhere (MS gotta promote Win10 as a gaming platform too after all), it does have limited backwards compatibility to the original Xbox and Xbox 360, which gives you access to old MS console exclusives. Again you can get this on Xbox One S, but some of this backwards compatible titles are X enhanced so there is some advantage there.

- UHD BD drive on both S and X. Cool if you're into high quality video. Personally, I find regular HD BD and 4K streaming very good. I guess I don't have a big enough TV to really tell apart 4K streaming vs BD, unlike HD streaming vs BD where it is pretty clear how bad the bitrate is streaming.

- Xbox Game Pass. On both S and X. Cool service that I find better than streaming services (PS Now and whatever Gamefly is called) since my latency in those is real bad. If you run Win10 you can play the Play Anywhere titles on your rig too. Xbox also has EA Access that is similar, but you can get Origin Access on PC so that's not much of a value add.

I own both and if you have the extra $500 it's worth it. The play anywhere feature of certain games is nice. Game pass is pretty cool as well. 

On 3/5/2018 at 7:44 PM, Swegly said:

I would just connect a controller to my PC but I would be absolutlely obliterated in the games I play (mainly fortnite). 

But PS4 users can play with PC users and they'd most likely be using a controller. Why couldn't you?