Which mechanical keyboard should i buy?

I'm on a tight budget, and i wanted to know which budget gaming keyboard i should get (amazon is not available in my region)

My choices have boiled down to either the ReDragon Kumara K522 RGB or the ReDragon Yama K550

The K552 comes with Blue clones while the K550 comes with brown clones. I game and type equally so i'm not sure which to get, although i am a sloppy typer.

The K550 also comes with Macro keys and dedicated media keys including a volume scroll wheel. 

The K552 is a TKL board with no macro/media keys

I have just about enough space for a full sized board (i think)

help!!!

http://redragonusa.com/products/keyboard/K552-RGB/46

http://redragonusa.com/products/keyboard/K550/33

1 minute ago, Carbide X said:

I'd say: get a used mechanical keyboard...

Unfortunately not an option in my region...

Get the full sized. Macros are nice.

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

4 minutes ago, orbitalbuzzsaw said:

What about the switches?

2 minutes ago, .Snook said:

What about the switches?

Either one is fine. I've used both boards actually and the Brown clones are better than the Blue clones. I.e. closer to the actual Cherry MX _____

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

5 minutes ago, orbitalbuzzsaw said:

Either one is fine. I've used both boards actually and the Brown clones are better than the Blue clones. I.e. closer to the actual Cherry MX _____

Are browns just blues but without the audible click? Do they feel the same or...? I have owned membrane keyboards my whole life so i really want to be sure.

18 minutes ago, .Snook said:

Are browns just blues but without the audible click? Do they feel the same or...? I have owned membrane keyboards my whole life so i really want to be sure.

They are indeed like Blues, without the audible click, but also with a less pronounced actuation point (click feel)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

29 minutes ago, Minibois said:

They are indeed like Blues, without the audible click, but also with a less pronounced actuation point (click feel)

Would you say blues for typing reds for gaming and for all round usage browns?

35 minutes ago, .Snook said:

Would you say blues for typing reds for gaming and for all round usage browns?

Of course it's all personal preference, but that's the general thought behind it.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Not sure which region you are located in, but some other options you might consider are the K68 and K63.  Both feature Cherry MX Red switches, LED backlighting, Media Keys, and are compatible with our iCUE software which allows you to remap just about any key on the keyboard, and customize lighting patterns.  An RGB variant is available for the K68, and it is spill/dust resistant.  The K63 is a TKL if you don't have the space for a fullsize K68.  Let me know if you have any questions.

Looking for more details about a product, or experiencing technical issues?  Visit our support page below, and one of our Technical Support staff can help you out:

https://support.corsair.com/

4 hours ago, .Snook said:

No, browns are closer to reds than blues. There is a tactile bump but just barely. If you want tactile feed back browns are not a good choice. 

5 hours ago, orbitalbuzzsaw said:

Small keyboards are superior.

On 5/1/2018 at 12:42 AM, Corsair Nick said:

Not sure which region you are located in, but some other options you might consider are the K68 and K63.  Both feature Cherry MX Red switches, LED backlighting, Media Keys, and are compatible with our iCUE software which allows you to remap just about any key on the keyboard, and customize lighting patterns.  An RGB variant is available for the K68, and it is spill/dust resistant.  The K63 is a TKL if you don't have the space for a fullsize K68.  Let me know if you have any questions.

Im looking for a more responsive feel in my switches, as i type and game equally.

On 5/1/2018 at 1:00 AM, geo3 said:

No, browns are closer to reds than blues. There is a tactile bump but just barely. If you want tactile feed back browns are not a good choice. 

Small keyboards are superior.

So...the Kumara then?

6 hours ago, .Snook said:

Im looking for a more responsive feel in my switches, as i type and game equally.

You might be more interested in the Speed switches if you want more responsive.  If you have a retailer near you that has them on display, give them a try and see what you think.

Looking for more details about a product, or experiencing technical issues?  Visit our support page below, and one of our Technical Support staff can help you out:

@.Snook I have a cherry MX blue K70 with the red backlights and i can say it is the best keyboard i have ever owned. I got it for 50 pounds used on ebay. Look on ebay and see what you can get shipped. This came with free shipping from the other side of the country... and i haggled him down from 70... see what you can do!

19 hours ago, Corsair Nick said:

You might be more interested in the Speed switches if you want more responsive.  If you have a retailer near you that has them on display, give them a try and see what you think.

aren't speeds even more linear reds? I must have meant something else. Im looking for something more in between typing and gaming, so im thinking blues. All retail stores near me do not have test products available.

17 hours ago, Joelsome said:

@.Snook I have a cherry MX blue K70 with the red backlights and i can say it is the best keyboard i have ever owned. I got it for 50 pounds used on ebay. Look on ebay and see what you can get shipped. This came with free shipping from the other side of the country... and i haggled him down from 70... see what you can do!

I dont have access to ebay in my region unfortunately, So used keyboards arent an option. My main 2 options are the 2 i have just listed.

16 minutes ago, .Snook said:

aren't speeds even more linear reds? I must have meant something else. Im looking for something more in between typing and gaming, so im thinking blues. All retail stores near me do not have test products available.

Yes, speeds will be linear like reds, just shorter travel and actuation.  Blues and browns are tactile feedback, so you'll feel the click action as they actuate.  If you're looking for Blues, the K70 LUX would be your best option.  Browns, you have more options with the K95 Platinum and Strafe RGB being added to the mix.

Just now, Corsair Nick said:

Yes, speeds will be linear like reds, just shorter travel and actuation.  Blues and browns are tactile feedback, so you'll feel the click action as they actuate.  If you're looking for Blues, the K70 LUX would be your best option.  Browns, you have more options with the K95 Platinum and Strafe RGB being added to the mix.

I think my main point has been lost here, im on a tight budget. With the online stores i have at my disposal the 2 keyboards i listed above are the best deals.