under £200 27" IPS screen?

1832vin

hi, i'm an architect, currently, i have a dual 21" monitor setup, but since the firm changed all the screens to 27" working at home feels too small now....

£200 because I can overtime and stay at the office if i wanted to, but working at home is much more relaxing, so that's the amount i'm willing to shell out.

i never game, and would appreciate colours that are not terrible (hopefully IPS), is under £200 for a not terrible monitor even possible? if so, do yuou have any recommendations? (is korean monitors still a thing?)

thanks!

From the £ I presume this is in UK, so for those outside Europe beware our pricing may be higher than you're used to.

Interesting question, I'll have a poke around later if there aren't other potential solutions offered by then.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

Definitely possible, unless you're looking for 4k. @Some Random Member's recommendations look solid.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 minute ago, Sauron said:

Definitely possible, unless you're looking for 4k. @Some Random Member's recommendations look solid.

Yeah, the cheapest 4k ips 27 inch monitor is about 300 pounds, and it is the 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-27UD58-Monitor-DisplayPort-Freesync/dp/B01JM4E1ZE/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1525083707&sr=8-4&keywords=lg+ips+4k

I own it and it is very solid, but it is a bit too expensive for the OP. Also max brightness is a bit too low. Other than that a nice monitor.

13 hours ago, Some Random Member said:

Thanks, i'll give it a real hard thought for the Dell

but considering that it's not HDR in any normal standards and 1080p (still have some doubts, because the 27" monitors we use at work is 5k...  so dropping 4X the resolution, dunno if it's usable....)

and yes, i call those iMAC monitors, because if the second you get them, you install windows on them you're mostly just paying for the screen....

5 hours ago, 1832vin said:

Thanks, i'll give it a real hard thought for the Dell

but considering that it's not HDR in any normal standards and 1080p (still have some doubts, because the 27" monitors we use at work is 5k...  so dropping 4X the resolution, dunno if it's usable....)

and yes, i call those iMAC monitors, because if the second you get them, you install windows on them you're mostly just paying for the screen....

I also put a link for a 4k ips display, but that is 300 pounds.