Toshiba laptops always sucks... Do you know why?

Hi. Today i'm gonna answer why Toshiba laptops always sucks... Because, they never designed with good cooling... If you wanna got extreme Thermal Throttling, then buy Toshiba laptop... My Toshiba Satellite P50-B-11U laptop on Summer with gaming, CPU got thermal throttling and unstable performance. CPU frequency down to, 1.5 GHz and 2.2 Ghz... Always unstable and never stable... Already Toshiba stopped produce laptops in Europe... They made laptops in only Japan. I'm using Toshiba Satellite P50-B-11U laptop with Intel core i7 4720HQ processor with AMD R9 M265X (2 GB GDDR5) graphics card actually. Also, i have troubleshooting with my Toshiba laptop. When i turned my laptop to "Sleep mode" and after wake up, when i run any game with my AMD R9 M265X, that graphics card shows temperature "0C" and after 1 minute later, laptop shutdown unexpectedly... And laptop turning on itself automatically for 5 seconds, and again turning off itself and after again turning on itself and after, the graphics card censor can be work again well... So, i don't do "Sleep mode" anymore... Also, i'm using Windows 10 Home Single Language (64-Bit) no any virus, completely clean system and also it's original license.

By the way few years ago, Toshiba made gaming laptops called "Toshiba Qosmio Series" but, they still sucks i think... They have GTX 750M which is old and slower... I feel really sad about Toshiba. I support Toshiba but, they still have poor laptops. Nowadays Toshiba made only laptops for Office and Light works... This is means, if you are not a gamer or you don't make any render, and you think you are regular guy, then Toshiba is good choice for you but still the cheapest ASUS laptops much much better then Toshiba i think...

I hope Toshiba made good gaming laptops as far soon... Or they won't do... I am not sure actually. But to be honest, i love Toshiba design on laptops but i hate poor performance. I am a guy and hating matt coating on screen actually... Toshiba laptops not have matt coating. My Toshiba Satellite P50-B-11U have LG Full HD AH-IPS screen. I love it but not about performance...

So what do you think about this guys? 

Gamers can become Musician too... There is no problem with it. For example Post malone, he is Pop Singer/Musician but, now he is Gamer too. I'm Gamer/Musician. I don't think is that makes problem but, someone hate that actually... Lol.

5 minutes ago, Technomancer__ said:

Try repasting your CPU and gpu with something like Arctic Mx 4 it should help. You could also try downvolting

On gaming, CPU reaches easily 89C and GPU temp around 85C... Also i'm not experienced with laptops so i can't apply thermal paste on laptop CPU and GPU... But, few days ago i sent my Toshiba laptop to Toshiba service and they re-freshed thermal paste. I asked to service about "You guys using the best thermal paste in the market?" and they answering; "Well, it is not the #1 but, still a good thermal paste we are using." and they give answer to me that... I don't know which thermal paste they using on my laptop? 

Before Toshiba Service, my laptop temps in game:

CPU temp: 92C (Almost all cores) (1200 Mhz thermal throttling)

GPU temp: 91C

After Toshiba service:

CPU Temp 89-90C (2500-2000 and 1800 Mhz around)

GPU Temp: 85C

But still thermal throttling and still hot...

Gamers can become Musician too... There is no problem with it. For example Post malone, he is Pop Singer/Musician but, now he is Gamer too. I'm Gamer/Musician. I don't think is that makes problem but, someone hate that actually... Lol.

1 minute ago, erdemalsirt said:

On gaming, CPU reaches easily 89C and GPU temp around 85C... Also i'm not experienced with laptops so i can't apply thermal paste on laptop CPU and GPU... But, few days ago i sent my Toshiba laptop to Toshiba service and they re-freshed thermal paste. I asked to service about "You guys using the best thermal paste in the market?" and they answering; "Well, it is not the #1 but, still a good thermal paste we are using." and they give answer to me that... I don't know which thermal paste they using on my laptop? 

Before Toshiba Service, my laptop temps in game:

CPU temp: 92C (Almost all cores) (1200 Mhz thermal throttling)

GPU temp: 91C

After Toshiba service:

CPU Temp 89-90C (2500-2000 and 1800 Mhz around)

GPU Temp: 85C

Ok you can try downvolting

Maybe you are lucky and you can run the same clockspeed with lover voltage which will lover temps

1 minute ago, Technomancer__ said:

Ok you can try downvolting

Maybe you are lucky and you can run the same clockspeed with lover voltage which will lover temps

My core voltage is 1.154V is that too high?

Just my 2 cents: First, old laptops don't really have good cooling unlike most gaming laptops nowadays. Second, the HQ together with last gen AMD GPU will cause bad thermals, that's expected. And that's Toshiba, they are good in making Ultrabooks but have you seen them make gaming laptop? No.

And use a good aftermarket paste please. MX-4 is terrible in laptops, don't get it. And try undervolting, Notebookcheck has a guide for that.

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

Just now, erdemalsirt said:

My core voltage is 1.154V is that too high?

Try lovering it to like 1.140 run Aida 64 stress or something to see if it's stable. If it's not try 1.145

Just now, ZM Fong said:

Just my 2 cents: First, old laptops don't really have good cooling unlike most gaming laptops nowadays. Second, the HQ together with last gen AMD GPU will cause bad thermals, that's expected. And that's Toshiba, they are good in making Ultrabooks but have you seen then make gaming laptop? No.

Well that laptop isn't old. 2014 Brand laptop but CPU from 2015... Max laptop fan speed is 4.500 RPM but still hot. The single fan connected CPU and GPU both.

Just now, Technomancer__ said:

Try lovering it to like 1.140 run Aida 64 stress or something to see if it's stable. If it's not try 1.145

Lower voltage and 3.6 Ghz? Is that make it damage to my CPU?

Well that laptop isn't old. 2014 Brand laptop but CPU from 2015....

It's old

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

No.

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

Just now, ZM Fong said:

It's old

I got my first pc on 2007 and this is a desktop with Intel Pentium 4 processor... And i got my first laptop in 2010 and my first laptop is "Dell inspiron N5010" with Intel core i3 m370, ATI Mobility HD 5470... And i got my Toshiba in 2015... Now i'm using that system. :(

3 minutes ago, erdemalsirt said:

No. 

The opposite lover voltage is better

Warning if it's not stable your laptop will crash it's ok just go to BIOS and increase voltage .

Don't go over 1.154v (your original)

No. 

The opposite lover voltage is better

Warning if it's not stable your laptop will crash it's ok just go to BIOS and increase voltage 

1.154v (your original)

My laptop BIOS didn't have voltage option...

Just now, erdemalsirt said:

My laptop BIOS didn't have voltage option...

Is it from software?

I think from software you have to apply it at boot. Just disable the option from the software to apply the profile at boot

Is it from software?

I think from software you have to apply it at boot. Just disable the option from the software to apply the profile at boot

I can with Intel XTU software but, i'm scared for doing that... 

3 minutes ago, Technomancer__ said:

just go to BIOS and increase voltage

That's a laptop not desktop. You don't have such control unless you have Prema BIOS or something like that. And NEVER touch voltages in BIOS in laptops.

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

I can with Intel XTU software but, i'm scared for doing that... 

No need to scare. Very safe, no harm. Worst case scenario: BSOD and restart

Use Throttlestop.

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, ZM Fong said:

No need to scare. Very safe, no harm. Worst case scenario: BSOD and restart

Use Throttlestop.

I have it that software already... 

Also download MSI afterburner and reduce the powelimit slider.

Btw with afterburner you can apply it manually or have it apply automatically at book by ticking the apply at boot box

Btw with afterburner you can apply it manually or have it apply automatically at book by ticking the apply at boot box

I have that software too.

4 minutes ago, Technomancer__ said:

Most laptops have locked power slider. To undervolt GPU in laptops, you need to do custom voltage to frequency curve via MSI Afterburner, however it only works in Pascal GPUs.

Desktop specs:

Spoiler