[Asking How] What is the best and safest way to upgrade your BIOS?

My current motherboard is a MSI 990FXA-GD80V2, which supposedly supports the latest "FX-xxxx" processors from AMD, but I may need to still upgrade the BIOS. I am quite concerned that I will somehow end up bricking my motherboard. I have read "DO NOT FLASH FROM WINDOWS", but rather do it inside the BIOS itself using M-Flash or whatever MSI calls it. Are there any personal tips and tricks you guys can give me? I figure I will have to put the BIOS on a USB stick and plug it in, but all I have is a USB3.0 flash drive. Help! Thanks! 

Post Scriptium: Linus, this would not be a bad idea for a video! :)

ASUS Maximus VII Hero || Intel i7-4790k || ASUS STRIX GTX 970 || Mushkin Blackline 4x4gb (16gb) 1600mhz || ADATA SX900 128gb SSD || 4 Random HDD's (1.5TB Total) || CM Storm Scout II || Enermax NAXN 80+ Bronze 650w || Corsair H100i || Windows 7 Home

Put the USB drive into a USB port and flash it through your BIOS. Download the BIOS update and rename accordingly; make sure the files are on the sub. Use MSis equivalent of ASUS' EZ Flash and you should be good to go. Use USB2.0 ports only, not USB3.0 ports.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Just flash the update through whatever tool is available in your BIOS.I have also heard, as you've already mentioned, never flash through your operating system. I've never tried it but I've also never had a single issue with BIOS updates.

Put it on a USB Drive and use the BIOS flash utility and the USB 3.0 drive will work over USB 2.0.

Put the USB drive into a USB port and flash it through your BIOS. Download the BIOS update and rename accordingly; make sure the files are on the sub. Use MSis equivalent of ASUS' EZ Flash and you should be good to go. Use USB2.0 ports only, not USB3.0 ports.

Just flash the update through whatever tool is available in your BIOS.I have also heard, as you've already mentioned, never flash through your operating system. I've never tried it but I've also never had a single issue with BIOS updates.

Thank you guys for your help! I appreciate it! Thanks for clarifying!

ASUS Maximus VII Hero || Intel i7-4790k || ASUS STRIX GTX 970 || Mushkin Blackline 4x4gb (16gb) 1600mhz || ADATA SX900 128gb SSD || 4 Random HDD's (1.5TB Total) || CM Storm Scout II || Enermax NAXN 80+ Bronze 650w || Corsair H100i || Windows 7 Home