New Yahoo ToS

Odur32
On 4/25/2018 at 4:58 PM, Lady Fitzgerald said:

I'm strongly considering getting my own domain for my email. Any suggestions on who to use, besides GoDaddy (or would GoDaddy be best)?

On 4/25/2018 at 9:38 PM, Canada EH said:

I am in the same boat!

I hate to shamelessly plug for ProtonMail here again but with the first tier of paid options you can get your own custom domain and different aliases too.  I wanna say it was like $45 a year and you get 5GB of storage labels etc. 

On 4/25/2018 at 2:19 PM, ATFink said:

Just set up the email account(s) to forward to another email service. I recently decided to get a protonmail account and set up my previous gmail account forward all messages it recieves to my protonmail. It was pretty easy with gmail. Just google how to set this up with yahoo.

This way the only data that can be compromised is accounts I deemed not worthwhile to switch email services. It'll protect more sensitive info and anything else you register your email with from now on.

Except the emails are still going to the account when being forwarded, so they can still be viewed by Yahoo + others.

I'd definitely move any and every account that uses a Yahoo email over to something else, then delete the Yahoo account if possible.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

On 2018-04-25 at 12:58 PM, Spotty said:

Someone is still using Yahoo Mail?

image.png.1f4e7a1d9ec4e4bace3c844749785e28.png

Nice!

I used it as a teacher-student contact tool (13 ago?!). I shut the account down this weekend. RIP.

I've had my yahoo account for more than half my life. Over the years I've slowly fazed it out but I still get emails to it daily (although only 2 yesterday).

I'm getting old...

Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U *insert firetruck picture* :) 

I only use it for sites I could care less about or for those annoying store sign up offers.

But yeah, it was the big deal back during those yahoo commercials.  :P

Come on, who remembers these?

Yeah, websites sure come a long way in looks. 

Yeah, before Amazon got big.

I'm starting to feel old now.  O.o

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU