£1500 Second Hand Build - Worth It

Afternoon all,

This is the build https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/Xw6rr6

Also has a Corsair Commander Pro, and the another 140mm Fan

Seller says it's 4 months old and looking to sell.

Does anyone have any advice, worth £1500 and the risk?

Picture of the PC is below,

PC.png

I would be leery about them asking for £1000 less than when it was new, especially just after four months. If you can get them to tell you why they're selling and even why for such a low price and see if it lines up then I would go for it but something just seems a bit off. If it was maybe £500 off then I wouldn't be as cautious myself.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

5 minutes ago, Scruffmanmills said:

Afternoon all,

This is the build https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/Xw6rr6

Also has a Corsair Commander Pro, and the another 140mm Fan

Seller says it's 4 months old and looking to sell.

Does anyone have any advice, worth £1500 and the risk?

Picture of the PC is below,

PC.png

How old and what has been its use? Why are they selling it? Can they prove it boots ? Need to ask these questions otherwise thats extremely reasonable 

Are you able to visit the sellers home?

|| CPU: I7 6950X @4.6 (1.35V) || Cooler: CUSTOM EK LOOP || Motherboard: ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10

|| GPU: 2x Vega 64 Strix OC @1762 / 1100 MHz || Memory: 16GB G.Skill Royal RGB 3200 Mhz ||

HDD: Segate Barracuda 3TB || SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 512 GB || PSU: Corsair HX 1200 W || Case: Fractal Design Define R6 Gunmetal || Fans: Corsair HD120 (x4) / BeQuiet Silent Wings 3 (x4) || Monitor: ACER XF27HU ||

Second Monitor: BENQ RL2455HM || Mouse: Logitech G502 Pretus Core || Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum || Headphones: Sennheiser IE80 ||

Buildlog expirience swapping to x99: 

13 minutes ago, shea99 said:

How old and what has been its use? Why are they selling it? Can they prove it boots ? Need to ask these questions otherwise thats extremely reasonable 

Also @joshuawi99

It states 4 months old, moving away so can't take with him.

And I can most likely visit the persons home to see it boot and do a once over.

It's a bit overkill for my needs but has a 1080ti and within my budget. I don't really care about RBG just that the specs are good.

Need to find out if it was used for crypo-mining is my only concern.

Also @joshuawi99

It's a bit overkill for my needs but has a 1080ti and within my budget. I don't really care about RBG just that the specs are good.

Just head over, check to ake sure it works. Get him to boot up a game and play it for a few and if it works it works.

Also @joshuawi99

Just visit the guy and see it boot and check the specs in device manager. If it all seems fine, I don't see a problem and you get a nice deal.

To be careful leave the money in your car, and get them to take the PC to your car and pay them there

CPU Intel Core i5-7500  MoBo MSI B250M PRO RAM 16GB (2x8) Crucial DDR4-2400 GPU MSI Geforce GTX 1060 6GB OC

Storage Samsung 850 EVO 250 + GB 2TB Seagate Barracuda Case Sharkoon VS4-S PSU Cooler Master Masterwatt Lite 400

Monitor Acer KG271A + AOC G2460VQ6 Keyboard Sharkoon Skiller MECH SGK1 (Kaihl Brown) Mouse Razer Deathadder Elite Headset Corsair VOID Wireless Dolby 7.1 RGB

VR Oculus Rift

22 minutes ago, Scruffmanmills said:

Also @joshuawi99

Crypto is possible but they sure paid a lot for cpu mobo ram storage etc. for it to be crypto. Verify it works, run some games, maybe some stress tests too.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb