Realy nooby quastion

okay so i got a really nooby quastion. im close to getting my last parts for my costume loop home. but when doing a costume loop. there is nothing going to the cpu fan header right? or does the pump need to go there. i thought the pump would need to go to a pwm header. but if nothing is going to the cpu header then i will get the "warning no cpu fan" warning every time i start it right?

i spent $3500(23,000dkr.) on building my pc and i only play csgo on low settings..

:Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700  CPU: Cooler: H100i v2  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming  RAM: Corsair Dominator 3000mhz 16GB  SSD: Kingston 960 GB  Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus viii Formula  PSU: Corsair RM 750x 80+ Gold  CASE: Coolermaster H500P

Most boards have the option in BIOS to disable CPU fan monitoring so you don't get that message every time you boot.

You can put the pump on a PWM header but you generally want it at a static 100% if I remember correctly.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

5 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Most boards have the option in BIOS to disable CPU fan monitoring so you don't get that message every time you boot.

You can put the pump on a PWM header but you generally want it at a static 100% if I remember correctly.

so i simply pur my pump on my pwm header and set it to full load in bios?

i spent $3500(23,000dkr.) on building my pc and i only play csgo on low settings..

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700  CPU: Cooler: H100i v2  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming  RAM: Corsair Dominator 3000mhz 16GB  SSD: Kingston 960 GB  Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus viii Formula  PSU: Corsair RM 750x 80+ Gold  CASE: Coolermaster H500P

Just now, seba7661 said:

so i simply pur my pump on my pwm header and set it to full load in bios?

Yah, pretty much. I should clarify though, you can let the PWM adjust the pump speed but that's only advised if the pump itself is PWM capable. If it's not PWM capable then I believe it's advised to set the header you plug it into at 100% and leave it.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 minute ago, Lurick said:

Yah, pretty much. I should clarify though, you can let the PWM adjust the pump speed but that's only advised if the pump itself is PWM capable. If it's not PWM capable then I believe it's advised to set the header you plug it into at 100% and leave it.

pretty sure it is. d5 from ek

13 minutes ago, seba7661 said:

okay so i got a really nooby quastion. im close to getting my last parts for my costume loop home. but when doing a costume loop. there is nothing going to the cpu fan header right? or does the pump need to go there. i thought the pump would need to go to a pwm header. but if nothing is going to the cpu header then i will get the "warning no cpu fan" warning every time i start it right?

Just curious, do you plan on dressing your costume loop as Batman?

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

3 minutes ago, seba7661 said:

pretty sure it is. d5 from ek

Then you can let it vary a bit. Last time I checked, for the D5, anything below 60% PWM will run at the same speed so if you set it to vary between 75% and 100% based on temp then you should be good. Just a note, anything at 60% or below on the PWM speed runs the pump REALLY slow and can make it seem like nothing is flowing.

You can double check me on that though since the D5 has undergone a few revisions, EKWB should have the latest manual on their site :)

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

4 minutes ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

Just curious, do you plan on dressing your costume loop as Batman?

prob just me who is stupid. but is this like a joke or do you mean it. i dont get it:/

Then you can let it vary a bit. Last time I checked, for the D5, anything below 60% PWM will run at the same speed so if you set it to vary between 75% and 100% based on temp then you should be good. Just a note, anything at 60% or below on the PWM speed runs the pump REALLY slow and can make it seem like nothing is flowing.

i think ill just crank it up to 100% if its to loud ill set it down. play a little around with it

Just now, seba7661 said:

i think ill just crank it up to 100% if its to loud ill set it down. play a little around with it

Yah, that's what I did. I think mine sit at about 80% for the most part and I can't even hear them :)

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

3 minutes ago, seba7661 said:

prob just who is stupid. but is this like a joke or do you mean it. i dont get it:/

Ok, a "costume" is what you dress up in on Halloween, or in a play, the word you intended to use was "custom" which is used to denote something unique made by you or someone else.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

Yah, that's what I did. I think mine sit at about 80% for the most part and I can't even hear them :)

nice. im getting my last parts in the next 3 days. im thinking on makeing a build log. i made/going to few mods to it

1 minute ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

Ok, a "costume" is what you dress up in on Halloween, or in a play, the word you intended to use was "custom" which is used to denote something unique made by you or someone else.

ohh i see. yea. sry for my bad english. i dont really wanna read everything twice just to correct a few mistakes. i hope its only a few

Just now, seba7661 said:

ohh i see. yea. sry for my bad english. i dont really wanna read everything twice just to correct a few mistakes. i hope its only a few

It's fine! I just had to have fun with that word... My bad. 

2 minutes ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

It's fine! I just had to have fun with that word... My bad. 

haha no man. i appreciate that you mentioned it. wouldent have noticed myself

1 minute ago, seba7661 said:

haha no man. i appreciate that you mentioned it. wouldn't have noticed myself

OK, thanks for understanding!

Just now, Wh0_Am_1 said:

OK, thanks for understanding!

now when i know what you meant i can see the fun side