Are 4-way fan splitters available?

minervx

What if I wanted to have 4 fans all run through the CPU fan connection and be controllable. 

PC Build: R5-1600.  Scythe Mugen 5.  GTX 1060.  120 GB SSD.  1 TB HDD.  FDD Mini C.  8 GB RAM (3000 MHz).  Be Quiet Pure Wings 2.  Capstone-550.  Deepcool 350 RGB.

Peripherals: Qisan Magicforce (80%) w/ Gateron Blues.  Razer Naga Chroma.  Lenovo 24" 1440p IPS.  PS4 Controller.

Audio: Focusrite (Solo, 2nd), SM57, Triton Fethead, AKG c214, Sennheiser HD598's, ATH-M50x, AKG K240, Novation Launchkey

Wishlist: MP S-87, iPad, Yamaha HS5's, more storage

5 minutes ago, minervx said:

What if I wanted to have 4 fans all run through the CPU fan connection and be controllable. 

It depends on your fans if they are 4 pin PWM you can get splitter hubs such as thees:

https://www.amazon.com/SilverStone-System-Cables-Black-CPF04/dp/B00VNW556I/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_147_img_0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=41VJHMMGGZ65ZD28940J

For 3 pin fans you will need to double check the current draw of all the fans to ensure it doesn't exceed the header's rating, usually it's 1Amp. 

https://www.amazon.com/CRJ-Blackout-All-Black-Splitter/dp/B072PZ2M7C/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1524364699&sr=8-7

I use be quiet pure wings 2

PC Build: R5-1600.  Scythe Mugen 5.  GTX 1060.  120 GB SSD.  1 TB HDD.  FDD Mini C.  8 GB RAM (3000 MHz).  Be Quiet Pure Wings 2.  Capstone-550.  Deepcool 350 RGB.

Peripherals: Qisan Magicforce (80%) w/ Gateron Blues.  Razer Naga Chroma.  Lenovo 24" 1440p IPS.  PS4 Controller.

Audio: Focusrite (Solo, 2nd), SM57, Triton Fethead, AKG c214, Sennheiser HD598's, ATH-M50x, AKG K240, Novation Launchkey

2 minutes ago, minervx said:

I use be quiet pure wings 2

They're 3 pin so that Silverstone unit will not work. You will want to keep it below the 1Amp rating ideally never past the 0.75Amp amount for proper safety margin. 

Does using more fans in the splitter cause it to distribute less power to each?  

So i look for a 0.75 splitter?

2 minutes ago, minervx said:

Does using more fans in the splitter cause it to distribute less power to each?  

So i look for a 0.75 splitter?

No it doesn't work like that it uses the same voltage but increases your load or amperage on your header hence the 1 Amp max rating. Looking at the specs it's only around 0.09Amp per fan (0.36Amp Total), at startup it will be more than that but even so 4 Pure Wings 2 fans shouldn't be an issue. 

https://www.bequiet.com/en/casefans/449

34 minutes ago, W-L said:

They're 3 pin so that Silverstone unit will not work. 

There are 4pin pwm PW2's. https://www.bequiet.com/en/casefans/617

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

3 pin.  140mm

is that bad?

i want the fans to spin slow

8 minutes ago, minervx said:

is that bad?

i want the fans to spin slow

No, that's not bad. He's just explaining how much power the fans will draw. Most fan headers will support up to 1A which is plenty for a theoretical power draw of 0.48A.

Fan control will depend on the header you plug the fans into. What motherboard do you have?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

asrock ab350m pro4 (matx)

non-pwm fans.

it has cpufan, 1 controllable chassis fan and 1 noncontrollable chassis fan. 

i want 5 fans in the cpufan connection and then set my bios to a silent mode profile

36 minutes ago, minervx said:

asrock ab350m pro4 (matx)

non-pwm fans.

it has cpufan, 1 controllable chassis fan and 1 noncontrollable chassis fan. 

i want 5 fans in the cpufan connection and then set my bios to a silent mode profile

Are you sure that the other cha_fan header doesn't provide any control? Looking at the user's manual, I don't see anything that would indicate a lack of control options.

If you're going to plug the fan into the cpu_fan header, make sure that the header is set to DC mode if the option is available in the bios.

Make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

This one uses molex power and allows for Mobo speed control.

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430