Pc Freezes/Hangs

My PC likes to hang/freeze from time to time. The mouse  still moves when this occurs, occasionally it doesn't, however any applications or even Windows becomes non responsive. If I try to click anything when this happens the application may decide to say it is unresponsive or crash. I'm not sure the overclock matters on my ram, but it seems to lessen how many times this occurs.

My specs are:

• Windows 10 Home 64 bit
  • Asrock x370 Taichi (BIOS version 4.6, latest)
  • Amd Ryzen 7 1700x (Not overclocked)
  • 2x8GB G.SKill Flare X RAM (3200MHz XMP profile 1)
  • XFX Rx580 8GB GTS Black (stock)
  • Adat SP550 SSD (120GB) boot drive
  • WD Caviar blue 1TB storage drive
  • Corsair TXM 650 (650W 80+ gold)

25 minutes ago, WrightofWinter said:

My PC likes to hang/freeze from time to time. The mouse  still moves when this occurs, occasionally it doesn't, however any applications or even Windows becomes non responsive. If I try to click anything when this happens the application may decide to say it is unresponsive or crash. I'm not sure the overclock matters on my ram, but it seems to lessen how many times this occurs.

My specs are:

• Windows 10 Home 64 bit
  • Asrock x370 Taichi (BIOS version 4.6, latest)
  • Amd Ryzen 7 1700x (Not overclocked)
  • 2x8GB G.SKill Flare X RAM (3200MHz XMP profile 1)
  • XFX Rx580 8GB GTS Black (stock)
  • Adat SP550 SSD (120GB) boot drive
  • WD Caviar blue 1TB storage drive
  • Corsair TXM 650 (650W 80+ gold)

When troubleshooting, always set things back to default specs. 

Always.

Next, run things like MemTestx86 and the manuf. hard drive/ssd tools and check for errors.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

14 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

When troubleshooting, always set things back to default specs. 

Always.

Next, run things like MemTestx86 and the manuf. hard drive/ssd tools and check for errors.

I am currently stock on all parts of my machine and have been since troubleshooting. I have gone through 8 cycles of memtestx86+. I have tested both the hd and the ssd twice, no errors were found. What is manuf?

13 minutes ago, WrightofWinter said:

I am currently stock on all parts of my machine and have been since troubleshooting. I have gone through 8 cycles of memtestx86+. I have tested both the hd and the ssd twice, no errors were found. What is manuf?

Manufacturer. It's short for that.

Ok, so the hardware seems intact.

You've done the usual mal/spy/shit/ware scans?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

5 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

Manufacturer. It's short for that.

Ok, so the hardware seems intact.

You've done the usual mal/spy/shit/ware scans?

Ah I have used only WD's software to check both drives, I couldn't find one for Adata. I have run the scans, I should be fine. I have also done fresh installs/wiping drives clean.

1 hour ago, WrightofWinter said:

Ah I have used only WD's software to check both drives, I couldn't find one for Adata. I have run the scans, I should be fine. I have also done fresh installs/wiping drives clean.

Ok, so the RAM is clean and the drives are good. The mouse still moves but the programs are non-responsive. What happens if you simply wait it out?

1 hour ago, Radium_Angel said:

Ok, so the RAM is clean and the drives are good. The mouse still moves but the programs are non-responsive. What happens if you simply wait it out?

Tt goes away after a few seconds, but it occurs multiple times while the computer is on. I believe I have figured out the issue. I turned on task manager and saw that these freezes occur with my ssd hitting 100% usage.

6 hours ago, WrightofWinter said:

Tt goes away after a few seconds, but it occurs multiple times while the computer is on. I believe I have figured out the issue. I turned on task manager and saw that these freezes occur with my ssd hitting 100% usage.

Ok, so now you need to determine what's hammering your ssd

On 4/20/2018 at 2:45 AM, Radium_Angel said:

Ok, so now you need to determine what's hammering your ssd

It doesn't seem to be anything specific. The only thing I have on my ssd is windows 10 home and the drivers for my gpu.

2 hours ago, WrightofWinter said:

It doesn't seem to be anything specific. The only thing I have on my ssd is windows 10 home and the drivers for my gpu.

There is a program called "Process Explorer" by Microsoft, and I think it works for Win10, it will detail what's chewing on your SSD in great detail.