270x instead of 7870 HD ?

kkristofer1098

I was going to buy the Powercolor 7870 HD. Oh I was so excited. But when I got home, it was out of stock. Now if I want

to buy it i have to spend a 100 dollars more, because it was an christmas offer, here in Sweden.

So I've looked in another card, the 270x. It has kinda the same specifications, some even better. And it costs only 230 dollars in Sweden.

So what do you think guys, should i go with the 270x or invest a 100 dollars for the 7870 HD, or even find another card ?

Kristofer.

get the 270x

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Dell Vostro 5470: i5 4200U Nvidia GT740m 2Gb 14" 1366x768 Kingston V300 120Gb                                                                                              

get 270 or 270x or 7870, whatever is cheapest same card

get 270 or 270x or 7870, whatever is cheapest same card

Yeah, the 270x is much cheaper than the 7870

Yeah, the 270x is much cheaper than the 7870

There's no point to getting the 270x over the 270 unless it's cheaper for some odd reason.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

There's no point to getting the 270x over the 270 unless it's cheaper for some odd reason.

They'r kinda the same, and the 270x is a lot cheaper

270x, core clock, 1050 mhxz, clock 5600 mhz, interface 256 bit

270, core clock 900 mhz, clock 5600 mhz, interface 256 bit.

They'r kinda the same, and the 270x is a lot cheaper

270x, core clock, 1050 mhxz, clock 5600 mhz, interface 256 bit

270, core clock 900 mhz, clock 5600 mhz, interface 256 bit.

The 270x is cheaper than the 270?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Welcome to Sweden :P

In that case, go for the 270x  :blink:

?

BF4 gets better fps with the 270x ;)

Well duh. The 270x is just the 270 with better overclocking.

I'd just get the 270X because both cards overclocked the 270X is still going to be better than the 270 and it's only like $20 more.

CPU: Intel i5 4670(non K) Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H87-D3H Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8Gb (2x4Gb) @1600Mhz HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 OC WF3 ~1293Mhz max boost clock~ PSU: Corsair RM 750 Case: Corsair 300R Windowed Edition OS: Windows 8.1