Seamless/Roaming WiFi Extender - Mesh

chiller15

I have a Sky Q Hub (ER110) wireless router connected into my master (and only) telephone socket. I've noticed that the WiFi signal at the back of the flat/ in the garden is almost non-existent. Due to the location of the telephone socket at the front of the house, the router has to be plugged in there (I cannot run a longer telephone cable). So ideally I'd prefer to have a WiFi extender in the second bedroom, as it is ideally placed to get a good signal from the router and be able to provide signal to the rear of the property and garden. I've come across a TP-Link N300, which seems to be good value. It would allow me to extend the signal with little setup, however I have a question:

1) If I set it up using the existing SSID, would a device picking up both signals have two SSIDs appear in it's list? Or would it only apper as one signal?

Ideally, I'd only like one SSID to be broadcast, but that appears to require a mesh configuration. My router can do mesh, but if the TP-Link N300 doesn't do it, what's the cheapest and best way to get a mesh WiFi extender?

Stop and think a second, something is more than nothing.

5 hours ago, MikeSK said:

According to this video, you use the same SID as the host network:

https://www.tp-link.com/us/download/TL-WA850RE.html#videos

Cheers. I did see that, which is why I asked if it would produce another SSID with the same name in the network list.

3 hours ago, chiller15 said:

Cheers. I did see that, which is why I asked if it would produce another SSID with the same name in the network list.

For my case it would be 1 ssid. My set up is Asus rtac 68u as a router and a tplink powerline  adapter with built-in wifi. Just make sure to have exactly the same ssid and password 

11 hours ago, chiller15 said:

If the wireless roaming standard is the same between the two (somewhat unlikely as this is mixing brands, but you never know), you will have one SSID. If they aren't compatible, you will see two SSIDs with the same name / password.

Cheers for the replies. I've also seen two other TP-Link devices, the WA860RE and the RE200, all of which are currently around the same price point. Ideally I'd like to be able to use them in my garden (in the garden I'd be sat about 5m away from the extender with the house external wall between me and it) and to be able to stream Spotify and Netflix (HD), whilst browsing the web at the same time in that location.

Would all of these devices allow me to do that at that distance?