Canadian Newegg Return Shipping Confusion

IcedEskimo

Ok so I bought a motherboard on newegg that said it was Ryzen 2000 ready on the website but when I received the board it clearly did not have the sticker saying it was and reviews said it was a crappy board too (AsRock AB350M Pro4 for anyone in the market still) so I'm trying to return it.

I got my RMA number, shipping label etc. however I'm new to this country and have no idea how to send a package. The front desk of my dorm does send out packages but they said that "central post" picks it up every morning.

The shipping label is from what I'm guessing is UPS and not Canada Post so I'm not sure whether just dropping it off at the post office will get it sent?

Can someone please help me out with this? I'm sorry if it's really stupid but this is literally my second time ordering something online.

You can have ups pick it up does newegg not give you the option?

My Personal Computer

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz (OC 3.8) 6-Core Processor

Cpu cooler DEEPCOOL Gamer Storm CAPTAIN 240EX WHITE 
Motherboard: MSI - B350 TOMAHAWK ARCTIC ATX AM4 Motherboard 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz RAM 8x3

Storage: SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 256GB SATA III

Storage:SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 500GB SATA III
Video Card: RTX 2060
Case: NZXT - S340 Elite (White) ATX Mid Tower Case 
Power Supply: EVGA 550 B3 550W

Peripherals

Monitor: Acer XF240H 24" TN Free-Sync ,144 Hz 

Keyboard: Corsair k95 RGB platinum

Mouse: Razer basilisk

Headset: Hyperx cloud alpha pro

1 minute ago, Vernw3.com said:

You can have ups pick it up does newegg not give you the option?

No I didn't really get an option I just talked to a customer service representative who said they would email me a shipping label that I had to stick onto the box and that was it.

I'm not really sure what they meant by "central post" and didn't want to seem like a complete retard there so I just said oh alright and left. Atleast here I can be a complete retard anonymously.

42 minutes ago, IcedEskimo said:

No I didn't really get an option I just talked to a customer service representative who said they would email me a shipping label that I had to stick onto the box and that was it.

I'm not really sure what they meant by "central post" and didn't want to seem like a complete retard there so I just said oh alright and left. Atleast here I can be a complete retard anonymously.

so normaly you have to bring it to a UPS block.. but i'Ve mistakenly put a UPS package in a canada post postal box and they did bring it all the way to destination no problem.

it just took longer than expected

Primary System

• CPU
    Ryzen R6 5700X
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350M mortar arctic
  • RAM
    32GB Corsair RGB 3600MT/s CAS18
  • GPU
    Zotac RTX 3070 OC
  • Case
    kind of a mess
  • Storage
    WD black NVMe SSD 500GB & 1TB samsung Sata ssd & x 1TB WD blue & x 3TB Seagate
  • PSU
    corsair RM750X white
  • Display(s)
    1440p 21:9 100Hz

If they've given you a UPS shipping label just drop it off at any UPS store and they'll take it from there.  No charge, and the whole "transaction" should take about 15 seconds.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

2 hours ago, IcedEskimo said:

Ok so I bought a motherboard on newegg that said it was Ryzen 2000 ready on the website but when I received the board it clearly did not have the sticker saying it was and reviews said it was a crappy board too (AsRock AB350M Pro4 for anyone in the market still) so I'm trying to return it.

I got my RMA number, shipping label etc. however I'm new to this country and have no idea how to send a package. The front desk of my dorm does send out packages but they said that "central post" picks it up every morning.

The shipping label is from what I'm guessing is UPS and not Canada Post so I'm not sure whether just dropping it off at the post office will get it sent?

Can someone please help me out with this? I'm sorry if it's really stupid but this is literally my second time ordering something online.

As Ryan said, just take the package to the closest UPS store. Check google maps (or the UPS website) to find the nearest one. 

Go into the store, and tell them you have a package to drop off. 

That’s pretty much it. 

54 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

If they've given you a UPS shipping label just drop it off at any UPS store and they'll take it from there.  No charge, and the whole "transaction" should take about 15 seconds.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1 hour ago, SquintyG33Rs said:

so normaly you have to bring it to a UPS block.. but i'Ve mistakenly put a UPS package in a canada post postal box and they did bring it all the way to destination no problem.

Thanks so much! Really I'm sorry it was such a stupid question.

2 hours ago, SquintyG33Rs said:

That's more Canada Post doing you a solid.  They aren't legally allowed to interfere (Like, dispose of, unless there's no other option) with any postal material within it's system, even material where postage has not been paid, the worst they could have done is returned it to you with a note that politely telling them that there is insufficient postage.  So they were nice enough to kick it into the private UPS system, but I would for sure not suggest you make a habbit of that or suggest others do it.

20 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

That's more Canada Post doing you a solid.  They aren't legally allowed to interfere (Like, dispose of, unless there's no other option) with any postal material within it's system, even material where postage has not been paid, the worst they could have done is returned it to you with a note that politely telling them that there is insufficient postage.  So they were nice enough to kick it into the private UPS system, but I would for sure not suggest you make a habbit of that or suggest others do it.

yeah i know...

Primary System

• CPU
    Ryzen R6 5700X
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350M mortar arctic
  • RAM
    32GB Corsair RGB 3600MT/s CAS18
  • GPU
    Zotac RTX 3070 OC
  • Case
    kind of a mess
  • Storage
    WD black NVMe SSD 500GB & 1TB samsung Sata ssd & x 1TB WD blue & x 3TB Seagate
  • PSU
    corsair RM750X white
  • Display(s)
    1440p 21:9 100Hz

I walked into the store and it took less than 5 seconds I don't even know why I was making such a big deal out of this. Once again thank you everyone for solving my problem!

33 minutes ago, IcedEskimo said:

I walked into the store and it took less than 5 seconds I don't even know why I was making such a big deal out of this. Once again thank you everyone for solving my problem!

No worries man. Sometimes people overthink shit. It happens lol

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1 hour ago, IcedEskimo said:

Glad to hear.  Also, in case this comes up again, you can do the same thing with a Canada post package at one of their locations if that's the label they generate.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.