Linus's HDD Pile

CloroxBleach57
10 hours ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Why would a big company like Invision disclose the locations of their servers? Like Linus said, it's an actual datacenter where the forums are hosted. The datacenter likely isn't limited to just this forum, so if there was a huge breach or anything, a lot more data would be at risk.

Or say maybe someone bombed the place. It's just not a good idea to disclose the locations of big important servers.

My school's servers are behind two bulletproof doors (1/3) inch steel, I think) so we don't lose umm... our homework?

"Shashabooey" - Po

14 hours ago, Bouzoo said:

They are hosted by an actual company all right, but I remember that someone (WIndspeed or Colonel I think?) said they were hosted in the US. But I may be old and senile. 

I think that was Windspeed. I was a lurker long time before I registered.

Intel Core i7 4790K 4.8GHz | MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | 32GB 2133MHz CL7 DDR3 | nVidia GeForce GTX 1070 with Custom BIOS | Samsung 850 Evo 500GB | 3TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD | 2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD | Corsair CX750M  | Custom 240mm all-in-one liquid cooler | Broadcom NetXTREME 5709c Dual Gigabit NIC | Cougar MX330 mid-tower chassis | Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter

I am almost certain Linus has it completely separate and is most likely hosted by a company. But he may have his own closet that is completely separate from internal servers. Who knows, Linus is the only one who'd know. Ask him.

On 4/10/2018 at 4:57 PM, WoodenMarker said:

It's more like a hive mind. It's only a matter of time before we all become one with the forum.

I am beta seven. Stop stealing my dear Unity... Rick, you bi*ch

lmao I love r&m references

6 hours ago, Razor Blade said:

Didn't claim to have found any IP. Just stated that it goes to Cloudflare (which yes is a web security company.)

Didn't mean that you had. I was just saying that when ever someone claims to have found "security hole" they actually got Cloudflare IP.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv