Will two 4 pin fans work on one 4pin connection on motherboard?

Tadziunia
Go to solution Solved by W-L,
Just now, Tadziunia said:

Hi guys, i have dillema, i going to upgrade my cpu cooler fans, am going to buy two corsair ml120 red 4pin fans, and problem is, that i have one 4pin connection on motherboard. I have spillter which doesn't have third pin on the second connector only fourh pin, So once again one side of splitter has all 4pin, another has 3 pins (first,second and fourth). My question is. Will i be able to control both fans at the same time from that 4pin connection ? will rpm split equally ?

Both fans will be controlled as a group, the reason for the missing pin on the second splitter connection is for the RPM where only one fan send signal back to the motherboard and the second fan connected just follows via the PWM signal. 

Hi guys, i have dillema, i going to upgrade my cpu cooler fans, am going to buy two corsair ml120 red 4pin fans, and problem is, that i have one 4pin connection on motherboard. I have spillter which doesn't have third pin on the second connector only fourh pin, So once again one side of splitter has all 4pin, another has 3 pins (first,second and fourth). My question is. Will i be able to control both fans at the same time from that 4pin connection ? will rpm split equally ?

Just now, Tadziunia said:

Both fans will be controlled as a group, the reason for the missing pin on the second splitter connection is for the RPM where only one fan send signal back to the motherboard and the second fan connected just follows via the PWM signal. 

24 minutes ago, W-L said:

So from your answer, am fine with that splitter ? i can connect it with those two 4pins and i will be fine ?

See my answer in your other posting of this question. In theory, it will work. In actual use, it depends on the current draw of your fans and the current capacity of the MOBO CPU fan header. 

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!