A+ 901 and 902

BluJay614

Hey, I just started studying for the CompTIA A+ 901 test, and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to what the best study guides/materials are. I have an Exam Cram book, and I know about Professor Messer, but I wanted to see if there are any other resources that you could recommend.

Common sense for 902 is a big part of it, if it's still like I remember. If they've changed it then I can't say for sure but YouTube tutorials are always good such as CBT Nuggets.

When I took it half the questions were along the lines of:

"Customer A has a question about their computer and how to install more RAM, do you:

A. Scream at them

B. Throw coffee in their face

C. Calmly explain to them the procedure

D. Hang up in a huff"

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Just now, Lurick said:

A. Scream at them

D. Hang up in a huff"

Wait, is this a phone call?  Then how can you throw coffee at them!?

Just now, AshleyAshes said:

Wait, is this a phone call?  Then how can you throw coffee at them!?

Exactly :D

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 minute ago, Lurick said:

Exactly :D

My new startup should be a phone that brews hot coffee and then squirts it out of a port at the user ...But it still won't have a headphone jack

My new startup should be a phone that brews hot coffee and then squirts it out of a port at the user ...But it still won't have a headphone jack

Of course not, that's just crazy talk.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

*makes new prank phone*

*customer gets burned by hot coffee*

*gets sued for customer getting burned*

5 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Common sense for 902 is a big part of it, if it's still like I remember. If they've changed it then I can't say for sure but YouTube tutorials are always good such as CBT Nuggets.

When I took it half the questions were along the lines of:

"Customer A has a question about their computer and how to install more RAM, do you:

A. Scream at them

D. Hang up in a huff"

Looks like a trick question when the true answer is to tell them to download more of it.

Main PC = I5 7600K @4.5ghz, Asus Gtx1070, 16GB DDR4 3000Mhz, 480GB SSD, Msi Z270 Mobo.

3 minutes ago, BluJay614 said:

*makes new prank phone*

*customer gets burned by hot coffee*

*gets sued for customer getting burned*

By wilfully purchasing the BurnPhone, the user willfully exposed to themselves to the risk of a hot coffee burn and we can not be held liable. We contend that their wounds are effectively self inflicted.

15 minutes ago, BluJay614 said:

Hey, I just started studying for the CompTIA A+ 901 test, and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to what the best study guides/materials are. I have an Exam Cram book, and I know about Professor Messer, but I wanted to see if there are any other resources that you could recommend.

Look for practice tests online like this

https://www.examcompass.com/comptia-a-plus-practice-test-1-exam-220-901

There's no place like ~

Spoiler

Problems and solutions:

FreeNAS

Spoiler

Dell Server 11th gen

Spoiler

ESXI

Spoiler

1 minute ago, AshleyAshes said:

By wilfully purchasing the BurnPhone, the user willfully exposed to themselves to the risk of a hot coffee burn and we can not be held liable. We content that their wounds are effectively self inflicted.

*looses lawsuit for not having warning label*

On 4/10/2018 at 9:56 AM, BluJay614 said:

The website cybrary.it is a good one for a variety of topics. I haven't looked specifically at their A+ stuff, but I've used their Linux+ and Network+ courses and they were good. It all depends on the expert that made the course. 

CompTIA A+ Certified

"We are all cups, quietly and constantly being filled. The trick is knowing how to tip yourself and let the good things pour out." - Ray Bradbury

On 4/10/2018 at 8:56 AM, BluJay614 said:

Get atleast 8 hours of sleep, and eat healthy - Its been proven to increase exam marks.