NEW RAM!

Hello i bought some new rams' 2x 8 gb 3600 mhz. My older ones were 2100 mhz, but there is a problem. CPUZ says it still runs at " DRAM FREQUENCY 1066MHZ, NB FREQUENCY 4200MHZ. Please help me!

You'll likely need to go into the BIOS and enable XMP/AMP, then set them to 3600MHz (provided your motherboard supports that speed). 

Then you can boot back up and check CPUZ for the frequency. The NB Frequency isn't what you're looking for, it's the DRAM. Due to DDR (Double Data Rate), the speed CPUZ will show is half the quoted speed of the RAM, so it would show 1800MHz for 3600MHz. 

Note: It's actually more accurate to say that the quoted speed is double what CPUZ shows, as CPUZ shows the actual clock of the RAM, while the one that's quoted by manufacturers is the effective clock when accounting for DDR. 

8 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

You'll likely need to go into the BIOS and enable XMP/AMP, then set them to 3600MHz (provided your motherboard supports that speed). 

Then you can boot back up and check CPUZ for the frequency. The NB Frequency isn't what you're looking for, it's the DRAM. Due to DDR (Double Data Rate), the speed CPUZ will show is half the quoted speed of the RAM, so it would show 1800MHz for 3600MHz. 

Note: It's actually more accurate to say that the quoted speed is double what CPUZ shows, as CPUZ shows the actual clock of the RAM, while the one that's quoted by manufacturers is the effective clock when accounting for DDR. 

I just enabled xmp, my dram frequency is now 1800 mhz, which is the half of 3600. BUT!! MY nb frequence is only at 4200 and not 3600*2= 7200mhz! 

2 minutes ago, szig1908 said:

I just enabled xmp, my dram frequency is now 1800 mhz, which is the half of 3600. BUT!! MY nb frequence is only at 4200 and not 3600*2= 7200mhz! 

DDR is Double Data Rate. You need to multiple the 1800 by 2 to get the operating frequency

Edit:

Not sure about the NB frequency though

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 minute ago, szig1908 said:

No, that's not how NB Frequency works. NB = NorthBridge, which is part of the CPU now days. It's not determined by your RAM, but it is related to RAM, which is why it's in the RAM section. 

Just now, Lurick said:

DDR is Double Data Rate. You need to multiple the 1800 by 2 to get the operating frequency

Okay but what about my NB frequency its only 4200mhz? as when i had the 2 times 2100 mhz rams: which is 2100*2 4200, shouldent it be 3600*2=7200 mhz!

Just now, Lurick said:

Edit:

Not sure about the NB frequency though

NB Frequency is NorthBridge Frequency. It's worked out by a NorthBridge multiplier * Front Side Bus. Related to RAM, but not dependant on RAM speeds. 

Just now, Oshino Shinobu said:

NB Frequency is NorthBridge Frequency. It's worked out by a NorthBridge multiplier * Front Side Bus. Related to RAM, but not dependant on RAM speeds. 

Ah yes, been a while :)

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 minute ago, szig1908 said:

Okay but what about my NB frequency its only 4200mhz? as when i had the 2 times 2100 mhz rams: which is 2100*2 4200, shouldent it be 3600*2=7200 mhz!

Ignore NB Frequency, it has nothing to do with RAM speeds or DDR. It's a coincidence that it was double your RAM speed before.