Got Into Mechanical Keyboards, Now What?

DaCoder

I bought a Cooler Master Quickfire a while back.

And it has mx blues.

So now I officially can say: rubber domes suck...

But the keyboard I have has some issues.

Namely:

Too loud, stream can hear it.

Space is broken (was on sale bcus of)

No backlighting...

So here is my question:

Corsair K70?

Or what should I move to?

Should be: around 100 bucks.

I love the tactile feel.

And I need blue backlighting.

As stated also: QUIET

I also miss my numpad, as Blender is hard to use w/o it.

Thanks for reading. Please leave a reply?

Car: 1994 Accord LX, 1978 280z

PC: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/DaCoder/saved/#view=zZZhP6

mx black switches are pretty quiet compared to blue's 

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

Get a sample kit of the different switches and o rings to test out what you would like

If you are not intending to modify the keyboard on your own, the G710+ is your best bet, much quieter than the blues, since they are browns with o-rings. My only concern is the glossy finish on the keyboard, but its a great keyboard with tons of features. Blacks don't have the same tactile feel as the blues, but then again so doesn't browns, however its more similar than blacks.

It's out of your budget, but it's the holiday season, you can probably wait until boxing day, and find a deal somewhere online, namely Amazon? As you have described it, its the best keyboard that fits your needs, unless you absolutely need blue backlighting... it does come with white backlight.

Best peripherals with the worst computer XD

id personal go with the k70 but thats just me...

CPU: AMD 760k @4ghz | Motherboard: MSI fm2-a55-e33 | RAM: G. skill 4gb @1833 | GPU: AMD HD 7850 | Case: Nzxt 210 Tempest (with glass window mod) | Storage: Adata 128gb ssd | PSU: Raidmax rx-530ss | Display: 720p crap | Cooling: CoolerMaster sickleflow 120 green x4 | Keyboard: crap | Mouse: Razer diamondback | Sound: logitech 2.1 speakers | Operating System: Windows 7 Ult | Battle.net: Voldras #1712

I have looked at the G710+...

I bought some expensive hardware from logitech before...

The gaming software was horrid! Crashed every hour, and with it: my macros...

Also I have a corsair m65, and so one software suite would be better...

Also modify my keyboard? And wtf are o rings?

I have looked at the G710+...

I bought some expensive hardware from logitech before...

The gaming software was horrid! Crashed every hour, and with it: my macros...

Also I have a corsair m65, and so one software suite would be better...

Also modify my keyboard? And wtf are o rings?

I have the G710+. The software for it is solid. 

Rubber o-rings softens the landing of the key when you bottom out so they aren't as loud and mushes the key a little bit. 

You need to quote a post or tag a member or else they won't get a notification you replied to them.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

If you like the tactile feel then you should go for something like MX Browns, exactly the same as the blues just quieter and not so clicky.

Sennheiser HD600 Logitech G304 White Anne Pro 2 LG27UL500

Ryzen 5 3600 + MSI B450i Gaming Plus AC in Fractal Design Nano S

G710+ but it doesn't have a blue backlight, it has white, which is neutral

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

you can always make your board quieter by not bottoming out.  remember the key actuates at 2mm; the key bottoms out at 4mm

Well, I am on mobile. There is no quote feature.

if you click the post you want to quote and a quote button should pop up. Infact I'm on mobile right now. You can also press full website at the bottom for more replie option such as adding image or editing your previous posts

if you click the post you want to quote and a quote button should pop up. Infact I'm on mobile right now. You can also press full website at the bottom for more replie option such as adding image or editing your previous posts

Ah i see! Thanks a ton.

neither.

they're identical.

both have blue, red, and brown switch options.

neither have macro keys.

identical.

if you're REALLY picky, technically, the k70 has the f# keys closer than the shine 3.

what is better the ducky shine 3 or k70 for game

Neither, it boils down to personal preference and that's about it. I'm a Ducky guy, as evidenced by my Ducky collection, but I have nothing against Corsair which makes very good mechanical keyboards at very reasonable price. If you want a quieter keyboard, you should look for something like the Logitech G710+ because it comes with O-rings installed. It's my experience that, for most of us, the most noise generated when we are using our keyboards is because we bottom out our keystrokes. Installing O-rings does change the feel of the keystrokes though, you'd feel a mushiness when you bottom out on your keystroke......some do not like this. Anyway, now I'm typing on my Ducky Shine 1 MX Blue, yes the click is audible, but I bottom out all the time and it's the 'clack' that is louder than the click. Some touch typists would only hear the click as they don't bottom out, I'm a crap typist (yes, I need to see the legends on the keys as well) but I find bottoming out to be most satisfying actually, but that's just me I guess.

As for the choice between the two, it's more to do with what switch types you prefer (I'm an all rounder, I can game equally well on Red, Black, Brown, Blue, Green, Clear and White, as well as on Topre and buckling spring) so pick the one that you prefer in terms of design, functionality and switch type.  

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

Neither, it boils down to personal preference and that's about it. I'm a Ducky guy, as evidenced by my Ducky collection, but I have nothing against Corsair which makes very good mechanical keyboards at very reasonable price. If you want a quieter keyboard, you should look for something like the Logitech G710+ because it comes with O-rings installed. It's my experience that, for most of us, the most noise generated when we are using our keyboards is because we bottom out our keystrokes. Installing O-rings does change the feel of the keystrokes though, you'd feel a mushiness when you bottom out on your keystroke......some do not like this. Anyway, now I'm typing on my Ducky Shine 1 MX Blue, yes the click is audible, but I bottom out all the time and it's the 'clack' that is louder than the click. Some touch typists would only hear the click as they don't bottom out, I'm a crap typist (yes, I need to see the legends on the keys as well) but I find bottoming out to be most satisfying actually, but that's just me I guess.

As for the choice between the two, it's more to do with what switch types you prefer (I'm an all rounder, I can game equally well on Red, Black, Brown, Blue, Green, Clear and White, as well as on Topre and buckling spring) so pick the one that you prefer in terms of design, functionality and switch type.  

Well im going to get the k70 i also heard that the k70 blue backlit led dies?? 

Well im going to get the k70 i also heard that the k70 blue backlit led dies?? 

Yep, heard that one as well, I do suggest you check to see if this issue has been resolved. The Ducky guy in me would suggest you seriously consider a Ducky Shine 3 MX Brown B)  if you like the tactile feel but not the click. If you want to make it quieter, go for the O-ring mod.....but either way, both Corsair and Ducky make great boards.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

if you really want blue back lighting, and keys that are quieter than mx blues, then your best bet is the Corsair K90.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

neither.

they're identical.

both have blue, red, and brown switch options.

neither have macro keys.

identical.

if you're REALLY picky, technically, the k70 has the f# keys closer than the shine 3.

Uh i just bought the K70, and the blue LED backlights are fine so far.

I got the K70 with blue switches and blue LEDs. They seem fine for me, but I normally don't care as I turn off my LEDs half the time. 
I see no reason to complain about the blue LEDs as they seem to be fixed, or you might be unlucky. 

But perhaps go with brown or red switches. Idk about browns but for reds, consider the K90?