2 gtx 295's for 100$?

Cheesy

Is this a good deal? Im making a second computer with some old parts so my friend can play when he comes over.

Dual 295s? That's quad SLI 285s. You better have a 1500W psu laying around somewhere if you want to run them. Also vram will be a major bottleneck if you intend on playing above 900p.

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

no.

MSI R9 290 Gaming | MSI Z77 MPower Big Bang | XFX Pro 750W Black Edition | i7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | Corsair H100i | GSkill Ripjaw 2x8Gb | NZXT Phantom 410 Gunmetal | OCZ 128 Gb Vertex 4 | Samsung 250Gb 840 EVO | 1&2 Tb Seagate Barracuda | Logitech G510 | Logitech G700 | Logitech G35 | 3 x LG E2442V
-it24-

ya for 100$ for both

Go for it. The performance of 2 295s would be the same as a GTX 660 Ti

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

It would perform about the same a GTX 660 I think. I would say yes, if you are willing to deal with heat and power consumption.

Quote me to get a reply!

I wouldn't unless you want to buy a 1000 watt psu which are expensive, you could probably find two 460s for that price.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

I would stay away from it. It may seem like a good deal now, and yes they are powerfull cards. But they will become obsolete fast. Besides, the heat and power consumption... It hurts just to think about it.

If its a "because i can" thing, where you can tell your friends your running quad-SLI, i can understand that. Gaming on them would be tough though, as someone already mentioned the VRAM will bottleneck you.

~Judah

Is this a good deal? Im making a second computer with some old parts so my friend can play when he comes over.

Even if you disregard the vram issue it doesn't support DX11,which is a huge no-no considering modern games are beginning to remove DX10 support.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

No dont man the cost to power and keep them cool will be equal to just outright buying a 660. I would reccomend a 260X so you get amd trueaudio and yeah its a low power card. I think its powered by the pci-e slot only making it the fastest no 6-pin card ever.

Sure why not? I would, who says they have to go into the same PC? it's $50 a piece and if you used them in two other PC's the 295's would be loads better than any other video solution that costs $50.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299