mini ITX case not for gaming

czerwo

Hello, i was looking for mini ITX case but i have problem with finding somethink for me, every small case on market is build for gamers :( and have place for graphic card. What i want is case only for ITX motherboard and power suply in SFX standard. While ago on this forum people help create somethink like case name sentry, now i will present somethink what i want, maybe you have idea where i can find somethink like that?

obudowa.png.2b49b6cb13d31583a3a913f0dbf6d7eb.png

Inwin Chopin.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

yes that was nice case almost what i want but you cant choose power suply you stuck with what they give you :(

4 minutes ago, czerwo said:

yes that was nice case almost what i want but you cant choose power suply you stuck with what they give you :(

Is that such a bad thing? Its 150w and 80plus Bronze. Not in need of any better as it will power nearly every config you could possibly put in there.

See my Build here!

Intel 6700k -  Strix GTX 1080Ti - Corsair AX760 - Corsair Dominator 16GB 3000MHz - ASUS Maximus VIII Hero

Seagate Barracuda 1TB -  Samsung 120GB 840 - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - Corsair H100i - Corsair Air 540 White -

Corsair AF120 - 2x Noctua NF-F12 - 3 x Noctua NF-S12

Dell S2417DG - Dell UH2515H 

2 minutes ago, IAcKI said:

Is that such a bad thing? Its 150w and 80plus Bronze. Not in need of any better as it will power nearly every config you could possibly put in there.

Maybe he wants to put an AMD FX9590 in there :P 

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

1 minute ago, NelizMastr said:

Maybe he wants to put an AMD FX9590 in there :P 

Did they even do itx for that chipset? aha

See my Build here!

Intel 6700k -  Strix GTX 1080Ti - Corsair AX760 - Corsair Dominator 16GB 3000MHz - ASUS Maximus VIII Hero

Seagate Barracuda 1TB -  Samsung 120GB 840 - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - Corsair H100i - Corsair Air 540 White -

11 minutes ago, IAcKI said:

Did they even do itx for that chipset? aha

Hah no. Buying a flamethrower is probably safer.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

150W is enought I know :) but maybe i want super quiet power suply or i want modular cables i just want possibility to choose. 

ms-tech is to big because you can put standart power suply there or even cd-rom (it's 2018 :D not need this) 
If I could have somethink like sentry but without place for graphic card i could have case like 74 x 310 x ~160mm

I'm just suprised that there is not even a few cases like that. 

1 minute ago, czerwo said:

150W is enought I know :) but maybe i want super quiet power suply or i want modular cables i just want possibility to choose. 

ms-tech is to big because you can put standart power suply there or even cd-rom (it's 2018 :D not need this) 
If I could have somethink like sentry but without place for graphic card i could have case like 74 x 31 x ~16 mm

No one makes cases like that because there's no need for a case like that. Also, modular cables aren't necessary, and you can swap out the fan on the PSU with a bit of time.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Just now, czerwo said:

If I could have somethink like sentry but without place for graphic card i could have case like 74 x 31 x ~16 mm

Not the demand for it I guess. Personally if I was wanting small form factor with no GPU I'd go for something like a NUC.

See my Build here!

3 minutes ago, czerwo said:

With the dimensions you're looking for, no way in hell will you be able to fit a SFX PSU. You'd be looking at TFX or FlexATX or even a PicoPSU.

25 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

No one makes cases like that because there's no need for a case like that. Also, modular cables aren't necessary, and you can swap out the fan on the PSU with a bit of time.

if no one need this why there is something like sentry or dan a4 sfx there is a lot of mini itx cases for gaming but not even one for not gaming :) and a lot gamers wants this mini cases and gamers are not people what want lose efficiency  because they pay a lot for parts :) and "normal" people dont care about this there will be a more people who want small case even if they will lose a litte bit of efficiency 

25 minutes ago, IAcKI said:

Not the demand for it I guess. Personally if I was wanting small form factor with no GPU I'd go for something like a NUC.

NUC ok but i want decide for every part inside :) 

25 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

With the dimensions you're looking for, no way in hell will you be able to fit a SFX PSU. You'd be looking at TFX or FlexATX or even a PicoPSU.

Dimensions that i wrote maybe are not correct :) i want something close to that ;)

I just want to say cases on market are fine for me Im not some maniac I was just curious if i can find something really small :)

19 minutes ago, czerwo said:

if no one need this why there is something like sentry or dan a4 sfx there is a lot of mini itx cases for gaming but not even one for not gaming :) and a lot gamers wants this mini cases and gamers are not people what want lose efficiency  because they pay a lot for parts :) and "normal" people dont care about this there will be a more people who want small case even if they will lose a litte bit of efficiency 

NUC ok but i want decide for every part inside :) 

Dimensions that i wrote maybe are not correct :) i want something close to that ;)

Because there's a difference between a normal user and a gaming enthusiast, where both want the smallest system possible :P The alternative is to design your own case and get it 3D printed, like I am doing.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

If i will be bored maybe i will do case that i want from metal parts :)

If you're wanting small and portable with no GPU, look into one of the smaller cases like the Sentry or NFC S4M. instead of putting the GPU, Gury makes a 3x 2.5" bracket that fits in the S4M, and he claims you can mount 4 of them (12 total 2.5" drives) in the S4M. I would personally go this route then run it brickless since you won't need much power.

Otherwise I would go Nuc as mentioned.

Here is a little visual comparison of size on the S4M.

Spoiler

220252.72ddb21965a81fd0bfaea04ead1b10ca.1600.jpg

Osmium: NFC Skyreach 4 // i7-8700k (delidd) // GTX 1080 // 32GB DDR4-3200Mhz // 1TB 960 Evo M.2 // 1.1TB MX300 m.2
Peripherals: Razer Blackwidow // Razer Orbweaver // Razer Kraken // Logitech G502 // Logitech K830 // LG 34UC88-B

Usage: Adobe Lightroom // Adobe Photoshop // Web Dev // Recording Gameplay // Video Editing // Portable Gaming

• 3 months later...

Not sure if you ever found a case you liked. I saw this on Youtube a few weeks ago and have been thinking about using it to build a web browsing pc for my mother.

It's barely bigger than a slim mITX motherboard and has it's own built-in power supply

http://www.minicase.net/product_E-W44.html

thin-mini-itx-case-atx-01.jpg